Works really hard', 'very intelligent': Arteta raves about 5ft 9in Arsenal ace
The France forward has, by his high standards, struggled for much of this season, netting just seven times in the Premier League prior to the suspension of English football.
After the restart, Lacazette found himself behind Eddie Nketiah as Arsenal’s first-choice centre-forward, but the youngster’s suspension has given the 29-year-old a way back into the XI.
Lacazette is now looking back to his best, having reached 10 Premier League goals for the season and captaining Arsenal to victory against Liverpool in midweek.
The 5ft 9in sharpshooter has recently been linked with the likes of Inter Milan, Juventus and Atletico Madrid, but Arteta made it clear that he rates his player highly.
Arsenal, Chelsea sent warning amid talk of £30m Said Benrahma swoop
Brentford boss Thomas Frank insists his star player Said Benrahma is happy amid talk of a £30m switch to the Premier League.
The Algeria winger has been in sensational form this season and has spearheaded a promotion push from the Bees.
A point against Stoke on Saturday lunchtime will send Brentford into the automatic promotion spots with just a game to go.
But Benrahma’s form has rightly grabbed plenty of attention. We revealed well over a year ago that he was being watched by Tottenham and Arsenal.
This season, however, his game has gone up a level and he’s drawn favourable comparisons with Eden Hazard.
That has, understandably, also seen Chelsea linked with his signature.
Frank has now admitted he can understand the attention Benrahma has received. But the Bees boss is adamant his player is happy with Brentford.
“I haven’t heard anything from my co-directors of sport,” Frank said. “I don’t know anything and if I haven’t been told anything then I don’t think it’s true. It’s a rumour.
“He’s enjoying his football at Brentford and we’ve a big aim to go for. I think it’s easy to know this isn’t true.”
Frank was asked if the speculation would affect Benrahma’s game, but Frank added: “No, he is fine. It won’t affect him.
“If we’re doing well in the Championship, players attract attention. That is natural.”
It’s not just Benrahma that has received the plaudits. His fellow attackers Ollie Watkins and Bryan Mbeumo have also caught the eye.
Thomas Partey to Arsenal: Atletico Madrid expecting transfer development, Sanllehi gets update
Arsenal have been heavily linked with a move for Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey.
Gunners boss Mikel Arteta is thought to be eyeing reinforcements to Arsenal's central midfield this summer, and one of the names reportedly on his list of Ghanaian international Partey.
The 27-year-old has established himself as one of the top holding midfielders in Europe in recent seasons, and his arrival is seen as a key part of Arsenal's summer rebuild.
With that in mind, here is a round-up of everything we know so far about Arsenal's plan to sign the midfielder.
The Atletico Madrid midfielder has a £44.8 million release clause in his contract at the Spanish club, and last summer the player's agent confirmed the presence of the clause.
"I can say that right now, I haven’t talked to anyone, even if Inter are a top club," he told Passione," as per Football Ghana. "There’s a €50m (£44.8m) release clause in his contract, a figure that’s cheap for a player like Thomas.
"We'll wait for the season to end and then we'll see."
Arsenal: Nicolas Pepe genuinely lost his starting spot
Nicolas Pepe is Arsenal’s best overall attacker, which is why it’s even more incredible that he has genuinely lost his starting job.
Arsenal‘s fluctuating situation is floating all over the place. When the defense looks good, the attack sputters and vice versa, but despite it all, Nicolas Pepe acclimated well and became our best individual attacking spark.
It was at the point where he had to be one of the first names on the team sheet. But even that never felt all that secure since this attack is so packed with talent and only getting more packed by the day.
Pepe lost out to Bukayo Saka briefly when Unai Emery was still in charge and it feels like that same situation has come to pass yet again. In the midst of some of his best form, one lackluster performance feels like it upset Pepe’s run in the starting XI.
Content created and supplied by: SportExtra (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More