* Paris Saint Germain will boost security at the homes of its players after the family homes of winger Angel Di Maria and Marquinhos were burgled during a match. Intruders snuck into Di Maria's home in the high-end Parisian suburb of Neuilly-sur-Seine on Sunday without being noticed.
* Sebastian Kehl has said that Borussia Dortmund reserve the right to prevent some players from going on international duty, depending on the COVID-19 situation in certain countries. The final international break is set to begin next week, with countries set to take part in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
* AS Roma have failed in their final appeal against a 3-0 defeat they were handed for fielding an incorrectly registered player against Hellas Verona in Serie A , the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) confirmed on Monday.
* Lionel Messi and Barcelona beat Huesca to cut into Atleti's La Liga lead. Barcelona moved back to within four points of La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid in a record-setting night for Lionel Messi as his team beat Huesca at the Camp Nou on Monday.
* Zinedine Zidane admitted Real Madrid are struggling to explain Eden Hazard's fitness problems after the club confirmed the Belgian is injured again ahead of Tuesday's Champions League game against Atalanta. ... “He is not going to be fit,” said Zidane.
* Lionel Messi equals Xavi's Barcelona appearance record in win over Huesca. Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman hailed Lionel Messi as the most important player in the club's illustrious history after he struck twice on his record-equalling 767th club appearance.
* England Under-21s manager Aidy Boothroyd has admitted that Callum Hudson - Odoi is unlucky to not make Gareth Southgate's senior squad after a good run of form under Thomas Tuchel in recent weeks.
* 'We have got a real player on our hands' Boothroyd hails 'outstanding' Smith Rowe after handing Arsenal star England call. Arsenal star Emile Smith Rowe's dramatic rise to prominence this season is just the beginning, according to England Under-21s boss Aidy Boothroyd.
* Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers believes Jamie Vardy is getting back to his dangerous best following a hernia operation. The 34-year-old underwent surgery in January and has only scored once in 2021. ... Rodgers said: “You know when he is at his best when he is moving and threatening the backline.
* Play was held up for 10 minutes after Patricio collided with team mate Conor Coady in the 89th minute as they tried to close down Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah, who netted but the goal was disallowed for marginal offside.
* Chelsea defender Maren Mjelde will miss the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury in their Women's League Cup final win over Bristol City. ... In a statement released on Twitter, the Norway international, 31, said the injury was not as bad as first feared.
Content created and supplied by: SportmanTobade (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More