Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Sports

 

Soccer

 

UEFA Champions League

Analysis of supercomputer predictions of tomorrow UCL games.

UEFA Champions League action resumes tomorrow with lots of exciting games being lined up.

As usual, FiveThirtyEight's supercomputer has dropped some interesting predictions regarding these games.

Photo credit: Getty Images

In this article, we'll be analyzing these predictions and tell how what you think about them. Let's have a look:

PSG vs Manchester City

The biggest match of tomorrow is surely the game involving Paris Saint-Germain and Premier League champions Manchester City.

Photo credit: AS

The match promises to be a very tough one, not only because we're going to be seeing a Messi-Guardiola reunion, but we're also going to be witnessing a clash between two of the best teams in Europe.

Predicting the outcome of the game, FiveThirtyEight's has rated Manchester City's chances of winning higher than Mauricio Pochettino's side.

Here's an illustration of the predictions below:

Photo credit: FiveThirtyEight

Our verdict

SportsBlitz.ng disagrees with the supercomputer on this one. We think the return of Leo Messi to the squad will surely be a big boost for them, as such, the French side will be going all out to earn maximum points.

Porto vs Liverpool

Liverpool will be traveling to face Portugal giants, Porto tomorrow at Estádio do Dragão.

Photo credit: Getty Images

The supercomputer gives the Reds a 43% winning chance while Porto's chances are pegged at 32%. The chances of the match ending in a draw are rated at 25%.

Here's an illustration of the predictions below:

Photo credit: FiveThirtyEight

Our verdict

Porto put up a very good fight against Atletico Madrid the last time out, as such, we also expect them to put up such a fight against Jurgen Klopp's side.

SportsBlitz.ng thinks the match will end in a draw.

AC Milan vs Atletico Madrid

Italian giants, AC Milan will welcome La Liga Santander champions Atletico Madrid for a UEFA Champions League match day 2 encounter.

Photo credit: Getty Images

The game promises to be a very interesting one as it involves two resilient sides.

Predicting the outcome of the game, FiveThirtyEight's has equally rated both team's chances of winning.

Here's an illustration of the predictions below:

Photo credit: FiveThirtyEight

Our verdict

Both teams are in quite similar form and they also have players of similar qualities. As such, we agree with the supercomputer on this one.

Ajax vs Besiktas

Turkish giants, Besiktas will be traveling to the Netherlands to face Ajax in the Champions League tomorrow.

Predicting the outcome of the game, FiveThirtyEight's gives Ajax a huge 83% winning chance while Besiktas winning chances are rated at 6%.

Here's an illustration of the predictions below:

Photo credit: FiveThirtyEight

Our verdict

Considering Ajax's run of excellent form and the quality of players at their disposal, SportsBlitz.ng is also tipping Ajax to earn maximum points in this game.

Tell us what you think about tomorrow's Champions League games in the comments section below.

Content created and supplied by: SportsBlitz.ng (via Opera News )

FiveThirtyEight Manchester City PSG Paris Saint-Germain UCL

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments