Chelsea had training sessions today ahead of tomorrow's Champions League fixture against Juventus at the Allianz Stadium. Here are the five things I observed from today's sessions.
1. N'golo Kante didn't train with the squad today. It was reported that he tested positive for COVID 19 and has been ruled out of the tomorrow's clash. Thomas Tuchel side will be without one of their best players tomorrow, though they still have players who can fill his spot.
2. Saul Niguez, Mateo Kovacic, Jorginho, Loftus Cheek and Ross Barkley all appeared in today's training they'll have no worries playing without N'golo kante tomorrow. Ruben Loftus Cheek is gradually getting back to his very best under Thomas Tuchel, he has made one start and came on as a substitute in their last matches. The Englishman could be N'golo Kante's replacement tomorrow.
3. Mason Mount didn't appear in today's training. The Englishman picked up an injury in the Carabao Cup play off against Aston Villa last week. He was out of the squad against Manchester City and he's not expects to return in coming weeks. Chelsea will be without one of their most creative players tomorrow.
4. Hakim Ziyech, Hudson Odoi Timo Werner and Kai Havertz were all available, Thomas Tuchel have players who will take Mason Mount's place. Mason Mount's absence was felt in the game against Manchester City, hopefully Kai Havertz or Hakim Ziyech steps up and gets more creative against Juventus.
5. Christian Pulisic returned to Chelsea's squad but didn't train with the team today. He's still in recovery mode and is yet to play a game since the international break. His last game for Chelsea was the opening fixture against Crystal Palace, hopefully he gets back into action with Chelsea in coming weeks.
Photo Credit: gettyimages
Content created and supplied by: RLupdates (via Opera News )