Liverpool showed no mercy when they faced Watford for their 8th match of the English Premier League season. Goals from Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino (scored in the 37th, 52nd and 90th minutes) and Mohamed Salah was all Liverpool needed as they overtook Chelsea, to top the league (If Chelsea win their away match against Brentford, they will return back to the top, irrespective of other results).
With one eyes on their Champions League match against Atletico Madrid, Liverpool will be happy with their win as it’s a perfect audition match against the Spanish Champions (Liverpool are traveling to Spain to face Atletico). Still in the month of October, Liverpool will face Manchester United (Away), Preston North End (EFL Cup Away) and high flying Brighton and Hove Albion (Home).
Watford, who were unable to stop Liverpool from various counter attacks, are current 15th on the league table and could move further down pecking order if other result goes against them. For the month of October, Watford will face Everton (Away) and Southampton (Home).
However, check out the current league standings after Liverpool’s early win over Watford;
1. Liverpool, occupies first position with 18 points from 8 games.
2. Chelsea, occupies second position with 16 points from 7 games.
3. Manchester City, occupies third position with 14 points from 7 games.
4. Manchester United, occupies forth position with 14 points from 7 games.
5. Everton, occupies fifth position with 14 points from 7 games.
6. Brighton, occupies sixth position with 14 points from 7 games.
7. Brentford, occupies seventh position with 12 points from 7 games.
8. Tottenham, occupies eighth position with 12 points from 7 games.
9. West Ham, occupies ninth position with 11 points from 7 games.
10. Aston Villa, occupies tenth position with 10 points from 7 games.
11. Arsenal, occupies eleventh position with 10 points from 7 games.
12. Wolves, occupies twelfth position with 9 points from 7 games.
13. Leicester City, occupies thirteenth position with 8 points from 7 games.
14. Crystal Palace, occupies fourteenth position with 7 points from 7 games.
15. Watford, occupies fifteenth position with 7 points from 7 games.
16. Leeds United, occupies sixteenth position with 6 points from 7 games.
17. Southampton, occupies seventh position with 4 points from 7 games.
18. Burnley, occupies eighteenth position with 3 points from 7 games.
19. Newcastle United, occupies nineteenth position with 3 points from 7 games.
20. Norwich City, occupies twentieth position with 1 point from 7 games.
Content created and supplied by: ColoursTruth (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More