Chelsea will travel to Tottenham tomorrow afternoon for their fifth Premier League game of the season. The game will serve as the third London Derby game for Chelsea out of the 5 league games they have played so far this season. And they would be looking to make it 3 wins in 3 Derby games this season against the Tottenham side who are also in good form after winning 3 of their 4 games so far with their only defeat coming last weekend against Crystal Palace.
And ahead of the crucial Derby game tomorrow we have gathered some of the most notable stats about the two teams, and after seeing these stats you would easily choose Chelsea as the favorite side to win the Derby game tomorrow.
Below are some of the most notable stats that make Chelsea the favorite to win tomorrow.
1. Chelsea have won 13 away League matches vs Tottenham, and it is their equal most away wins in the Premier League(along with Manchester City and Southampton). And a win for Chelsea tomorrow will make it 14 for Chelsea.
2. Tottenham Hotspur have conceded more goals(103) in the Premier League against Chelsea than they have conceded against any other team in the Premier League.
3. A victory for Chelsea against Tottenham tomorrow will make it six away Derby wins for them in their last six away Derby games, and that will be the first time they have achieved such a feat in their history.
4. Mendy has kept 29 clean sheets in his 50 appearances for Chelsea so far, and another clean sheet against Tottenham will make 30 in 51 games.
5. Tottenham did not have a single shot in the first half of their last league game against Crystal Palace. And that was the second time they failed to have a shot in the first of a game since 2016.Son has already scored two winning goals for Tottenham so far this season but he might struggle to score against Chelsea who have conceded just one goal in their first 4 League games of the season.
6. Son Heun-Min has scored 8 winning goals for Tottenham since the start of last season, and no player has scored more of such goals in the League than the South Korean attacker during that period. But whether he will be able to score against the strong Chelsea defense remains to be seen.
Stats source: Chelsea website.
Pictures credit: Google photos.
Judging from the above stats, one can easily choose Chelsea as the favorite side to win tomorrow's Derby game. Nonetheless, it will not come easily for them due to how strong Tottenham have been so far this season, but Chelsea have a good record against their London rival, and they also have a strong team that are capable of winning them with ease.
Content created and supplied by: Praizz (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More