Claim Manchester United ‘called agent hours ago’ about €50m+ striker – Very late interest
Manchester United have made contact for the signing of Lille striker Victor Osimhen, according to a report on Thursday.
It’s the Italian media who brings some news about the case, as journalist Ciro Venerato spoke to CalcioNapoli24 about the race for the player, who is widely expected to sign for Napoli in a €50m+ deal.
He claims the Red Devils called Osimhen’s new agent ‘hours ago’ just to know if he had already signed for the Serie A side, with whom he’s in advanced negotiations.
Venerato considers that Osimhen’s deal with the Italian side would be very unlikely to collapse, especially because Manchester United are yet to make an official move for the player yet.
He also claims that this supposed call could also be a ploy from Osimhen’s agent in order for them to get a bigger salary offer from the Italian side.
However, should an offer arrive from Old Trafford, then Napoli would feel a big threat from the English side, since there’s no way they could financially compete against the Red Devils.
Osimhen recently changed representatives, and Venerato also explained why.
He said: “Like all Nigerians, Osimhen asked to get his dream move to the Premier League. However, no offers arrived and his entourage advised him to accept Napoli.
“Then the new agent arrived who told Victor he would either take him to England or get him more wages from Napoli”.
'I had two choices' - £6m man says he could have joined 3-time European champions over the Gers
Ronald de Boer says that Louis van Gaal convinced him to join Glasgow Rangers over Manchester United.
The former Netherlands international made the move to Ibrox from Barcelona in 2000 for a fee of £6m and he spent four years at the club following that switch. During his time there, he won the Scottish Premiership once, the Scottish Cup twice and the Scottish League Cup once.
However, talking to BBC Sportsound, De Boer says that he could have joined the Red Devils instead. He explained:
“I had two choices because I had a note from Man United, I spoke with Ferguson. “But I also spoke with van Gaal, our manager of the Dutch team at the time and he gave me some advice. “He told me that if he were in my shoes he’d choose Rangers because they had a Dutch coach [Advocaat], he knows and understands your type of play. “I remember Ferguson told me he was going to rotate a lot, with only Beckham and Keane were the guys who played the 90 minutes. “But I was at an age where I wanted to play every game and the chance was higher at Rangers, so in the end I chose Rangers and from day one I never regretted it.”
Liverpool snub United move speculations for Alcantara, make offers
Earlier reports had claimed that English Premier League champions Liverpool could be having their transfer plan hit the rock with claims that Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara will be heading to the Old Trafford to join Man United.
Recall that it was reported that the Reds have already established contact with the player and agreement already reached but waiting for talks with the club to conclude on a deal.
Thiago Alcantara rejected a new offer with the German Bundesliga giants which make him available in the summer window.
This is not the first time Thiago Alcantara would be linked to Man United with the first in 2013 which hit the rock and they could be set for another major disappointment as Liverpool are reported to be going ahead with a deal for the star player.
The latest report now claims that Liverpool will be going ahead with the deal with Thiago Alcantara stating clearly that he is sure a move to the Anfield will happen in this summer window. He is reported to have put up his house in Germany on sale in preparation for a new life.
Surprisingly, the midfield position is not a top priority for Man United and especially after they secured the signature of Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon.
Who is Alvaro Fernandez? Real Madrid player profiled ahead of Manchester United transfer
Manchester United are set to add a new player to their academy after Real Madrid teenager Alvaro Fernandez agreed to join the club on a four-year contract.
The youngster is a free agent after failing to agree to extend his contract with Los Merengues, and will move to Manchester ahead of the 2020-21 season.
Fernandez is viewed as a prospect for the future by United bosses. Here's everything you need to know about him...
What do Real Madrid say about him?
His biography on the Madrid website reads: "Alvaro plays left-handed as his idol: Marcelo. He is a quality defender and good at taking the ball from behind. He stands out technically and for his intelligence on the field. He is difficult to beat one on one."
Which teams did he play for during his time at Real Madrid?
The 17-year-old joined Real Madrid in 2017 from his native Deportivo and has played at Under-15, 16 and 17 levels.
What has Fernandez said about leaving Real Madrid?
Taking to Instagram on Thursday afternoon, Fernandez wrote: "It was not an easy decision and I only have words of thanks, after having belonged to the White House these past 3 years, I have made the decision to leave this great club.
"I wanted to thank all my teammates, and the entire coaching staff Real Madrid, for making me a better person and footballer, it has been a real pleasure to wear this shirt, and represent this shield, it is time to say forever and take another path in my football career, take a step forward towards my dream, thank you Real Madrid!"
Content created and supplied by: LegitSportNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More