You don't get to be called a hero without accomplishing extraordinary feats, only big dogs get to be seated at the table of great football heroes and in my perspective this player has earned the right to be called a Hero.
His name is Andrè Schurrle...... I know many may disagree with me calling him a great football hero saying; "how many goals has he scored in his career?", "he hasn't bagged many trophies", but as you read you will understand my reasons.
Andrè Schurrle was born on the 6th of November, 1990, starting his playing career at the age of 4 in Ludwigshafener SC, playing the role of a defender. He went on to play for 7 different clubs which includes FSV Mainz 05, Bayern Leverkusen, Chelsea, Wolfsburg, Borussia Dortmund, Fulham and Spartak Moscow.
Here are some of his accomplishments for both club and country
1. He won the under-19 Bundesliga in 2009 for Mainz 05.
2. He scored his first brace against VFL Bochum.
3. In 2012, he provided an assist that saw Bayern Leverkusen beat Bayern Munich for the first time since October 1989.
4. Scored his international first hat-trick for Germany in a 5-3 thrashing of Sweden back in 2013.
5. After signing to Chelsea side back at 2013, he became the third German to score a hat-trick in the premier league, scoring against Fulham in a 3-1 victory.
6. While at Chelsea, he contributed to Arsenal's humiliating 6-0 defeat scoring a goal and providing an assist. He went on to help secure Chelsea a place in the semifinals of the Champions league, after scoring against PSG in the second leg.
Did you know: He received a premier league medal despite completing his move to Wolfsburg in 2015 3 months before Chelsea won the premier league.
7. Do you remember the humiliating 7-1 defeat of Brazil by Germany? Schurrle was instrumental to that victory. He came off the bench and scored a brace in less than 10 minutes. Wow!!!!!. This victory saw his side into the finals of the world cup competition.
8. Another remarkable feat he accomplished was winning the world cup. He wasn't just a random player on the pitch that night, he was the one who provided an assist to Mario Götze's late goal. This earned the German side their first world cup in 24 years.
9. Upon his move to Wolfsburg in 2015, Schurrle helped his side win the DFB-Pokal for the first time, beating Borussia Dortmund, secured the 2015 DFL- Supercup and also helped his side reach the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions league for the first time in the club's history. Remarkable!!!!
His career started circling the drain after signing for Borussia Dortmund in 2015, struggling with fitness which caused him to be loaned to Fulham in 2018 and Spartak Moscow in 2019. He suffered an injury while on loan to Spartak Moscow which saw him off 2019/2020 season for the Russian club.
Andre Schurrle hung his football boots at a young age of 29, cancelling his remaining contracts with Borussia Dortmund earlier this week. He will go down the books as a German hero for his contributions to their world cup victory.
What is your opinion? Does he deserve to be called a hero after reading this? Comment below.
Content created and supplied by: Quincee (via Opera News )