Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed defender Luke Singh as a Homegrown Player through 2025. Singh becomes the 26th player in club history to sign for the first team from the Toronto FC Academy.
“Luke is a talented young player, and we are excited to add him to the first team. He joined our club beginning with the academy, and then he progressed to TFC II. We began to integrate him more into the first team last year, and then this preseason he truly earned his MLS contract,” said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. “His training and also performances in Concacaf Champions League were excellent. He has a bright future, and we are looking forward to his continued development.”
Singh, 20, recently signed two short-term deals with Toronto FC to play the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League (SCCL) Round of 16 matches against Club Leon. He made his professional debut with Toronto FC when he came on in the 87th minute on April 7, 2021. The defender earned his first start for TFC in the 2-1 victory over Leon on April 14.
Source: Official website
Official: Inter Miami sign defender Sami Guediri from Fort Lauderdale CF
Inter Miami CF have signed defender Sami Guediri for the 2021 MLS season with an additional two club option years in 2022 and 2023, it was announced Friday. Guediri has earned a promotion from Fort Lauderdale CF, Miami's USL League One team. A season ago, the 23-year-old appeared in all 16 matches (14 starts) and notched two assists for Fort Lauderdale.
“Sami has had a strong preseason with us coming off of a good first year with Fort Lauderdale,” Chris Henderson, Miami's chief soccer officer and sporting director, said in a release. “His development has been impressive since moving from midfield to left back and we feel he has more room for growth with the first team.”
Source: Club's Website
Manchester United 'considering summer move for Wesley Fofana'
Manchester United are reportedly considering making a move for Leicester City centre-back Wesley Fofana during this summer's transfer window.
The 20-year-old has impressed during his first season in England, making 29 appearances in all competitions, including 21 outings in the Premier League.
Fofana has a contract at the King Power Stadium until June 2025, placing the Foxes in a strong position when it comes to the defender's future.
According to Foot Mercato, Man United are admirers of the Frenchman and could attempt to sign him ahead of the 2021-22 campaign.
The report, though, claims that the Red Devils could struggle to agree a fee with Leicester, who are thought to have paid in the region of £30m to bring him to the club last October.
Fofana missed five league games in a row during February due to a thigh problem but has now been involved in his side's last five top-flight fixtures.
Aston Villa 'leading chase' to sign Chelsea midfielder
Aston Villa have been linked with a summer swoop for Chelsea and England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
Loftus-Cheek is currently on loan at Fulham, where he has made 26 Premier League appearances so far this season.
Fulham are facing relegation back to the Championship, however, which would likely put paid to any hopes of retaining the services of the 25-year-old.
According to TEAMtalk, Villa and Crystal Palace are "leading the chase" to sign Loftus-Cheek in this summer's transfer window.
He has three years remaining on his current contract at Stamford Bridge, though Chelsea have apparently "already told interested parties that they would be open to a sale".
Palace are reported to be "long-term admirers" of the player, while Villa assistant head coach - and Chelsea legend - John Terry is said to be a "huge fan".
Speaking recently, Fulham boss Scott Parker said of Loftus-Cheek: "Ruben is a player for me that’s grown.
"He had a lot to prove. He had a lot on his shoulders. It was slow for him, but I’ve been very pleased with him and what he gives to the team.
Achraf Hakimi speaks out on Inter Milan future amid Arsenal transfer speculation
Achraf Hakimi has played down speculation he could be set to leave Inter Milan in the summer transfer window and sees his long-term future at the club under ‘big brother’ Antonio Conte.
The 22-year-old right wing-back has been central to Inter’s success in his debut season since arriving from Real Madrid, notching up six goals and five assists with Conte’s side 11 points clear at the top of the table.
Hakimi’s outstanding performances have put Premier League’s elite on red alert and Arsenal are said to have identified him as a possible replacement for Hector Bellerin, who is being linked with PSG and Juventus.
Spanish outlet AS last month claimed Mikel Arteta had welcomed Arsenal’s push to sign the Morocco international, with Inter reportedly prepared to sell if their €50million (£42.7m) asking price is met.
Hakimi’s agent has done little to dampen talk of a potential summer switch and revealed this week that the full-back had been targeted by several teams before opting to join Inter ahead of the 2020/21 campaign.
But the player himself is adamant he remains fully focussed on Inter and is ‘very happy’ at the San Siro with the runaway Serie A leaders.
‘The team that attracted me the most was Inter and I saw it as a growth project,’ Hakimi told La Repubblica.
‘I am honoured to be one of the testimonials for the new club logo. I like it, as it looks to the future, a future we can build together.
‘I hope to stay at this club for a long time and I’m very happy.’
Source: Metro UK
Barcelona president on fan’s request to sign Neymar: “I like him too”
President Joan Laporta, who has travelled with the team to Seville ahead of Barcelona’s Copa del Rey final against Athletic Club Bilbao, was surrounded by journalists and fans at the airport. As COPE reports, Laporta was greeted by a flurry of questions about prospective transfer business in the summer.
The first question was about Lionel Messi’s continuity with the club, about which Laporta remained optimistic. This was followed by plenty of inquiries about Erling Haaland, who has been linked with the club for a fair few weeks now. Laporta subtly hinted that he will do everything properly according to plan in that regard as well.
Following questions about Haaland, a fan suddenly interrupted and told the president that he was interested in neither Haaland nor Kylian Mbappe but wanted Barcelona to sign Neymar back from Paris Saint Germain. Another move which has been the talk of the town in Barcelona.
After the fan expressed his keen desires to Laporta, the president calmly replied: “I like him too.”
The Brazilian winger has been linked with a return to Barcelona almost every window since his departure to France back in 2017. Lately however, there has been plenty of speculation about a reunion with Lionel Messi, after the 29-year old stated he wants to play with the Argentine again, since Messi’s continuity is also up in the air and PSG were among the clubs poised to make a move for him.
Up until very recently, Neymar seemed to have frozen renewal talks with the Parisiens, but now a few days ago he seemingly put all the rumours to bed, hinting that he will stay at PSG.
Source: Barca Universal
Content created and supplied by: Adamu2020 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More