Due to the Covid-19 crisis, many big clubs have gone broke. Check out the 5 big teams that are in huge debt in the year 2020.
1. Manchester United: Despite the reds being one of the biggest teams in the world, they are currently in a huge net debt of €568 million since the Glazer family took over the club in 2005. Not being able to win more silverware has made matters worst for Manchester United as they don't have enough source of income to repay their debt.
2. Juventus: Bianconeri's inability to make huge transfers might be due to the huge amount they owe. They are currently €372 million in debt. This might be among the very reason Ronaldo terminated his contract at the club.
3. Barcelona: It was obvious that Barcelona is currently broke and might be in huge debt as they fail to meet up with the contract demands of their star man Messi. Barcelona has shown that they are currently in huge debt as their players Jordi Alba and Busquet reduced their wages just to accommodate that of Sergio Aguero who signed from Man City on a free transfer.
4. Inter-Milan: The Italian giants are currently in huge debt as they sold off their star players Hakimi and Lukaku to make money in other to pay off their debt thereby frustrating their former coach Antonio Conte, making him exit the club because he believed that there are no players to work with anymore in Inter- Milan.
5. Tottenham: After the completion of their Stadium, the Spurs tend to have gone into a huge debt as they fail to release money for the signing of world-class players in other to win trophies. The club took a huge loan to pay for the completion of their stadium, though they can start making money from ticket sales.
Leave your thoughts in the comments box and don't forget to like our article and follow us to get more updates.
Content created and supplied by: TSportsOnline (via Opera News )