The truth is that some of the best midfielders in the world right now is in their 30s, so it is time for the new players to get ready to take their place. Many clubs has become smarter by investing in young players with a long-term project in mind, and with the pandemic restricting the movement of many teams from buying players this season, so focusing youth academy could prove be the way forward.
With more emphasis on controlling the midfielder and dominating the game from the middle of the pitch, coaches tend to demand a lot from their midfielders inside the pitch. In my opinion, let's look at the five best under-25 midfielders in the world right now.
1. Frankie De Jong: He is a Netherland player who most of their former players will be proud of. The midfielder enjoyed a sensational season with Ajax, where his dribbling ability in the midfield his passing won many applause before moving to Barcelona. He is capable of playing in the central defensive midfield, but the Netherland international often dropped deep to dictate was is happening in the pitch.
His performances earned him a £77 millon move to the Spanish Gaint, but after a first quiet season at Barca, the 23 years old midfielder has produced some stellar performances this season. De Jong has the talent to become the best midfielder in the next future if he continues playing like this.
2. Mason Mount: the England international divided opinion during the start of his Chelsea career, but the fact that he is every managers dream player basically speaks volumes about his abilities.
He is capable of playing in multiples positions in the pitch, Mount is a hard working player who always contribute both defensively and offensively. The Chelsea graduate is gradually getting the credits he deserves in the premier league this season, as he has made 30 appearances for his club, scoring six goals and providing four assists.
3. Phil Foden: when Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola refused to feature Foden regularly during his early season at the club, he was heavily criticized. But now the England international is one of the best midfielders in the world of football and he look set to enjoy a bright future ahead in the game. Foden has been one of Man City best performer this season, as he is creative, versatile and also a good passer of the ball.
Foden has made 24 appearances in the premier league this season, in which he has gone ahead to score six goals and provide five assists.
4. Martin Odegaard: the Arsenal Loanee has been on the spotlight since he was a teenager, with his performances in Norway as a 15 years old boy, see lots of teams in Europe vying for his signature.
In 2015 he eventually joined Real Madrid in a deal worth £2.5 million. And after a limited playing time at the Los Blancos, the player has been sent out on loan so many times. Odegaard impressed in his loan spell at Vitesse and Real Sociedad, as he look to become a regular at Madrid when he returned last summer.
But, that wasn't the case as he could not overshadow Modric and Kroos at the midfield, so the 22 years old joined Arsenal on loan in January this year, and has been one of Arsenal best player with creativity crucial for the Gunners. He was named Norwagian captain recently.
5. Dani Olmo: the famous product of Barcelona La Masia academy graduate. Dani Olmo has enjoyed a rapid rise in football. He Left Barcelona in the year 2014, which he joined Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb in a surprise move. His performances at the club earned him a move to RB Leipzig in 2020 for a fee worth £20 million.
There have been reports that Barcelona are trying to sign him back as he scored four goals and provided eight assists in 29 appearances at RB Leipzig. He is 22-years-old and Julian Naglesmann is proud to have him in his team.
Content created and supplied by: Onpoiny (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More