I have decided to pick my world cup qualifying best team of the week, after the matches played on Friday and Saturday. These 11 players were selected based on their performance this week.
1. GK: Neofytos Michael did really well against Croatia on Friday, the 27-year-old Cypriot goalkeeper made 8 saves against Croatia. He conceded three goals, but I decided to include him in my best team of the week, after his performance.
2. CB: Darko Velkovski did really well on Friday, he inspired his country's victory over Liechtenstein. The Macedonian defender scored one goal and he also registered one assist.
3. CB: Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay inspired his country's victory over Israel last night. He scored the late winner and his family will be proud of him.
4. RB: Darko Churlinov was on the score sheet as North Macedonia cruise pass Liechtenstein on Friday. The game ended in a 4-0 victory.
5. LB: Scottish and Liverpool Left-back Andrew Robertson is one of the top performers against Israel last night, he registered two assists and I decided to include him, in my best team of the week.
6. CM: Phil Foden was outstanding for England against Andorra last night, he performed really well and he registered one assist.
7. CM: Sandi Lovric performed well against Malta on Friday, he registered 3 assists.
8. CM: Josip Iličić scored a brace against Malta and he made my best team of the week.
9. RW: Andreas Skov Olsen played only 45 minutes against Moldova and he scored 1 goal and registered 1 assist.
10. LW: Jadon Sancho did really well against Andorra last night, he registered two assists and I decided to include him in my team.
11. FW: Robinson inspired his country victory over Azerbaijan, he scored a brace.
Share your thoughts here.
Content created and supplied by: SandrasNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More