The Premier League golden boot award is an award given to any player with the most number of goals scored at the end of a particular campaign.Over the years, the likes of Harry Kane and Mohammed Salah have dominated the stage but, with new players like Erling Haaland now in the league, new players have been dominating the race this season.
Nonetheless, i've decided to put up this article to highlight the current golden boot table, after Gabriel Martinelli scored a brace against Everton on Wednesday and overtook his teammate, Bukayo Saka on the log.
1. Erling Haaland: the first position is currently occupied by Manchester City forward, Erling Haaland. The Norwegian International who has been highly prolific in front of goal this season, has scored 27 goals already.
2. Harry Kane: the second player on the log is Harry Kane who currently plays for Tottenham Hotspur. The English International who has been one of the major contenders for this award in recent years, has managed to score 18 goals this season.
3. Marcus Rashford: Harry Kane is closely followed in third position by Marcus Rashford who plays for Manchester United. With 14 goals scored already this season, the English International is considered one of the most prolific forwards in the league this season.
4. Ivan Toney: Brentford forward, Ivan Toney is occupying fourth position on the list. According to reports gathered, he has scored 14 goals already this season.
5. Gabriel Martinelli: the fifth player on the list is Gabriel Martinelli who plays for Arsenal. The Brazilian International who has been prolific in front of goal in the last few weeks, took his tally of the season to 11 on Wednesday.
The brace Martinelli scored against Everton on Wednesday took him above the likes of Miguel Almiron and Bukayo Saka on the log.
6. Aleksandar Mitrovic (11 goals)
7. Miguel Almiron (10 goals)
8. Rodrigo (10 goals)
9. Bukayo Saka (10 goals)
10. James Maddison (9 goals). Kindly take a look at the image below for more details.
Content created and supplied by: UniqueUpdatez (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More