Chelsea is a team that invests in young players, especially in their academy players. Also, Chelsea prefers signing young players from other clubs. Here is the top ten list of young players in the Chelsea senior team squad.
1. Kai Havertz: The German international signed with Chelsea under Lampard alongside Chilwell and Timo Werner at a transfer fee of €72 million. The 22-year-old plays in the attacking midfield position before joining Chelsea but is unable to play in that same position when he joined Chelsea due to the Thomas Tuchel formation.
2. Ben Chilwell: Chelsea signed the England international in the 2020-2021 summer transfer window from Leicester City at a transfer fee of €50 million. Ben Chilwell is 24 years old but was 23 when he joined Chelsea. He plays at the left-back position but is unable to have a full playing time, especially this season due to the presence of Marcos Alonso.
3. Trevor Chalobah: The 22-year-old was called up to the senior team under Thomas Tuchel and he has impressed since his debut for Chelsea. He plays in the Centre back position but can play in the right-back position under the Tuchels 3-5-3 formation. The England international has already scored two goals upon not being given enough chance to prove himself due to the kind of players Chelsea has in its defense.
4. Callum Hudson Odoi: The 20-year-old started impressing in Chelsea senior team at the age of 18 drawing the attention of many big clubs like Bayern Munich. He was called up to the senior team under Maurizio sarri. He plays in the attacking wing position, but currently, he has not been to find his initial form at Chelsea.
5. Reece James: The Chelsea right-back was called up to the senior team under Frank Lampard and has since impressed even under Tuchel. The 21-year-old is considered the best right back in the premier league currently due to his strength in the defense and his ability to create chances to lead ads to a goal with his crosses.
6. Mason Mount: Mason Mount is considered the next Frank Lampard. Frank Lampard saw the potential in the 22-year-old and decided to bring him along while signing to be Chelsea manager. Mason Mount was criticized by Chelsea fans and was called Frank Lampard's son. Thomas Tuchel also saw his potential and his ability to create when he came to Chelsea.
7. Malang Sarr: Malang Sarr is 22 years old. He was immediately loaned out when he signed but has declared that he is nowhere to fight for his place at Chelsea Fc. He hopes Thomas Tuchel will give him the chance to prove himself.
You can leave your thoughts in the comment box, but don't forget to like our article and follow us to updated football news articles.
Content created and supplied by: TSportsOnline (via Opera News )