1) I actually pitied Crystal Palace in the first half, especially the first 30 minutes. Nobody or team deserves to endure such level of buccaneering pressing from an opponent. Chelsea made those minutes unbreathable and unbearable for Crystal Palace. Damn!
2) I'm tempted to agree to the suggestion of a drugs' test for the boys for this high energy performance. I'm kidding tho, but whatever Tuchel fed to the head, heart and will of the boys off last weekend's defeat definitely has narcotic might. The pressing for ferocious in push and frenetic in pace. Jesus Christ!
3) When Pulisic is played in the right position, we get what we saw today. Menacing sprint and presence. I repeat, he's the most clever player we've got.
4) The first and only time Crystal Palace got a clear chance at goal was in the 62nd minute. Sixty-second minute. After a hour. Says a lot.
5) Havertz had a great game in the false 9 role. Apparently, Tuchel most be seeing what we and Lampard didn't see. I'd have betted against a wager that nominates Havertz for a frontal false 9 role, and that's because of his lean-meat gait and love for 'clean' football. But see, Tuchel probably uses infra-red eyes.
6) Someone should send get-well-soon wishes to Vicente Guaita's palms. They saw H.ell. Chance after chance after chance! Ziyech who played just 8 minutes or so, ended up creating 6 chances. I feel for the Crystal Palace goalie.
7) It was an outstanding showing that must be trademarked and sustained, but I think Tuchel made the Jorginho change too early. Kante came on and our composure careened, they had their goal minutes later. In all, Tuchel is clearing doubt and hate; now, we can confidently claim to have an idea of what he's all about.
Content created and supplied by: TheQuicksilver (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More