Manchester United and Chelsea FC, are to face off today in the FA cup tie. Manchester United and Chelsea, can be seen as rivals in the game of football, because the both are great teams which have been successful, and everyone seems to be anticipating the sides go head to head.
Manchester United, has not been in great form for a while now, after losing the chances to finish in the top 3, after drawing the game against the saints (Southampton).
On the other hand, Chelsea can be said to be on neutral ground, as they are not consistent with winning or losing games. They are said to be doing well, first by beating Manchester city to help Liverpool clinch the league title. Now they are on the third position on the table.
Now, let's focus on the FA cup tie between Manchester United and the blues today. Today in the FA cup, Chelsea has a chance of loosing to Manchester United. My reason is, judging from the records man United has set against Chelsea, plus the head to head statistics. But mind you, Chelsea has also set astonishing records against the red devils. Let's take a look at these records.
Chelsea's FA cup statistics
1. Chelsea are the most successful side in the FA cup this century (since the year 2000). Reaching eight(8) finals and winning six(6) titles. This will be their third semi-final appearance in four seasons, and eleventh (11th) this century.
2. They have won 12 of their past 15 FA cup semi-final games
3. The blue side have lost only one of their past 14 FA cup matches (W10, D3, L1)
4. Oliver Giroud, the Chelsea sticker has scored in FA cup goals in 28 appearances, and has provided 8 assists.
Manchester United FA cup statistics
1. Manchester United are unbeaten in 19 game in all competitions this season (W14, D5). It's their best form since their 29 match streak in 2010.
2. The red devils are playing in their 30th FA cup, a joint record with Arsenal. If they beat Chelsea, they would become the first team to reach the finals on 21 occasions.
3. United have progressed from 15 of their past 17 FA cup semi-finals. Losing on against Everton in 2009 and 0-1 against Man City in 2011.
Head to Head statistics
1. Man United has beaten Chelsea thrice (3 times) this season. Twice in the league and once in the league cup.
2. The reds are about to go 7 games unbeaten against Chelsea for the first time this century.
3. The two sides are meeting for the 4th consecutive season in the FA cup. Chelsea won a quarter final in a 2-1 win against Leicester City in 2017, and final again United in an 1-0 win in 2018. And the red devils winning the fifth round in 2-0 win against Chelsea.
4. The only team to win 4 games against Chelsea in a season is man United in 2010/2011
Injury updates and stats
1. Luke Shaw, the United left back defender is out of play following his knee injury
2. Brandon Williams, a defender too, is treating a facial injury, and will not be involved in the match
3. Ngolo Kante the Chelsea midfielder will miss his 4th consecutive game following his hamstring injury
4. Billy Gilmore, the teenage player will be out for the rest of the season, following his knee surgery.
Now you have seen the statistics, who do you think will come out victorious? Drop your answers in the comments section. Don't forget to like, share and follow me for more...
Content created and supplied by: Slim_blogger (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More