However, some records were set during the game that some people don't know about.
1. Liverpool's 5:0 win against Manchester United at Old Trafford is the largest away victory in the fixture's history.
Liverpool has always found it difficult to score even 4 goals past Manchester United at Old Trafford. The Old Trafford stadium is the place they wouldn't have dreamt of setting a record but they did by beating them well.
2. Mohamed Salah is the first player in the English Premier League history to score a hat-trick against Manchester United at Old Trafford.
Mohamed Salah has just shown why he is very good by scoring a hat-trick against Manchester United, which is the first time an English Premier League player is doing so at Old Trafford.
3. Mohamed Salah has now scored more English Premier League goals than any African player in the competition's history, thereby breaking Didier Drogba's record.
Before now, the record was held by Didier Drogba but Mohamed Salah has now eased past that record.
4. Liverpool scored as many goals against Manchester United at Old Trafford today as Donny Van de Beek has played minutes in the English Premier League this season (5).
Donny van de Beek has constantly warmed the bench more than any other player in Manchester United's squad and that is why this is a record.
5. Mohamed Salah is the first Liverpool player in history to score against Manchester United in three consecutive games at Old Trafford.
It just shows how improved Mohamed Salah is, especially when he has now scored in three consecutive games against Manchester United and which makes him the first-ever Liverpool player to do so and set a record for the team.
6. Manchester United are four goals behind at the half-time interval in the English Premier League for the very first time.
Before now, Manchester United has never lost 4:0 at half-time but that has been broken. It shows that new records could be set even at half-time of a game.
7. At 04:42 minutes, Naby Keita's opening goal is the earliest English Premier League goal Liverpool have ever scored at Old Trafford.
Liverpool has always found it difficult to score very early against Manchester United but all thanks to Naby Keita's goal, which has set a new record for the team.
8. Jordan Henderson had 144 touches against Manchester United, the most by a player in a single English Premier League game so far this season.
This is quite impressive for Jordan Henderson in the English Premier League and he set this record against Manchester United, a big team.
9. Manchester United received more cards (7) than they made successful tackles (5) against Liverpool.
With the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba and many others receiving a card in the game against Liverpool, it is evident that they have set a new record at the club by receiving 7 cards in a game.
10. Mohamed Salah has scored more goals at Old Trafford in 2021 (6) than Cristiano Ronaldo (4).
Although, Cristiano Ronaldo just arrived back at Old Trafford this season this record of Mohamed Salah scoring more goals at Old Trafford than Cristiano Ronaldo is great.
Source: squawkafootball on Instagram, @optajoe on Twitter.
Photo Credit: Google, Getty Images.
Content created and supplied by: Einstein'sBlog (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More