Africa is the 2nd largest continent in the world after Asia. it covers 6% of the world population and inhabits over 1.3 billion people. Below are some interesting facts about Africa you need to know...
1. Equatorial guinea is Africa’s only spanish speaking country
2. South Africa is the most visited african country
3. Nigeria has the richest black people in Africa
4. Samuel Eto’o is the highest paid black footballer of all time, he received about 350,000 weekly in Russia in 2011
5. A person from Botswana is called Motswana
6. A person from Lesotho is called Mosotho
7. A person from Niger is called Nigerien
8. A person from Burkinafaso is called a Burkinabe
9. Nigeria has won more football cups than England
10. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest club in Africa
11. Didier Drogba is Chelsea highest goalscorer in all competition
12. Johannesburg, South Africa is the most visited city in Africa
13. The Seychelles are the most educated Africans. Seychelles’ literacy rates (Adult: 92%, Youth: 99%) Zimbabwe is 2nd (Adult: 91.2%, Youth: 99%)
14. South Africa has the most grammy award winners in Africa
15. Ethiopia has the most airports in Africa
17. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country, it has existed for over 3,000 years without being colonized.
18. Angola has more portuguesse speakers than portugal
19. The president of Angola (President Jose Eduardo Dos Santos) have been ruling Angola since 1979.
20. George Weah of Liberia, is the first African to win World, European and African footballer of the year in the same year.
21. The Gambia is the smallest country in Africa followed by Swaziland
So these are some of the few fascinating facts about Africa, which numbers thrilled you the most? Let me know in the comment section.
Content created and supplied by: Kevins'hub (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More