The World Cup qualifiers continued on Saturday evening. England was in action once again as they faced Andorra in their 7th game in the group stage.
Southgate decided to use a different group of players with the likes of Abraham, Lingard, Sancho, Foden, Saka starting the game. They did not disappoint with England already leading by two goals.
The first goal came from an unlikely source. Chelsea left-back Ben Chilwell had a rare start despite not getting enough playing time with Chelsea. This is also Chilwell's first goal ever for England. The left-back was assisted by Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho.
See reactions to his goal.
- Ben Chilwell has scored his first ever goal for England in his 15th game for the national side. He had to wait a while for VAR to confirm it. 😅
- Ben Chilwell’s last 180 minutes of football for Chelsea & England:
- 2 goal 7 chances created 4 shots on target 17 crosses 7 duels won
- CHILWELL GOAL
- His first England goal! And that’s 2 goals in 2 games now for him as well. Let’s gooo! 1 goal. 4 chances created. 3 shots on target.
- Ben Chilwell is not at his best yet, but he absolutely makes a difference for Chelsea going forward. He’s back.
Content created and supplied by: Akinsports (via Opera
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform