Football is a game of love but there will be a time when a simple mistake will dent your name among your fans. There are some of the players that made a mistake that led to their teams defeat and their fans started booing and mocking them. In this article, I want to list out the players that made a mistake that football fans can never forget.
1) Gonzalo Higuain: The Argentinian forward made a very terrible mistake that would have made Argentina to win the world cup in 2014 against Germany. The striker missed a 1 on 1 opportunity against Manuel Neuer.
2) Andres Escobar: The Colombian international made a terrible mistake against the United States during the 1994 FIFA World Cup. Stretching to block a cross from American midfielder John Harkes, he inadvertently deflected the ball into his own net. This mistake even led to his own death.
3) Lionel Messi: This is a very good football player but he missed a penalty that would have given Argentina the Copa America against Chile.
4) John Terry: The England defender is a legend in Chelsea. But Chelsea fans won't forget his penalty miss against Manchester United in 2008. Manchester United and Chelsea was playing in the final Cristiano Ronaldo missed his penalty and if John Terry had scored that goal, Chelsea would have lifted their first Champions League trophy but John Terry slipped.
5) Steven Gerrard: Liverpool would have won the Premier League trophy in 2014 but their dreams was shattered when Steven Gerrard slipped and gave the ball away to Demba Ba who scored a goal.
Which of these players mistake did you find difficult to forget? Say your thoughts in the comments section below.
Content created and supplied by: Bykeblog (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More