1. Chelsea's youth goalkeeper Lucas Bergstrom trained with the squad today, the 19 year old got listed in Chelsea's Champions League B list and could be available tomorrow. Lucas Bergstrom hasn't made his professional debut for Chelsea, with the quality of goalkeepers in the squad it would be difficult to get into the first team. Lucas Bergstrom will have to prove himself worthy of being in Chelsea's first team before he gets his professional debut.
2. N'golo Kante trained with the squad today. He missed all three of France international games and missed Chelsea's game against Aston Villa, Thomas Tuchel already ruled him out against Zenit St Petersburg. Thomas Tuchel made it known that he wouldn't want to take risks, he has preserved N'golo Kante for next week's London derby against Tottenham Hotspur.
3. Chelsea's outcast Ross Barkley trained with the squad today. Thomas Tuchel included the Englishman in the squad to face Zenit St Petersburg tomorrow. Barkley is yet to play a single game under Thomas Tuchel, he pushed to exit the club last summer but it didn't fall through. He's still trying to fight his way back into Chelsea's team.
4. Malang Sarr is still yet to make his debut for Chelsea. The Frenchman was also included in the squad to face Zenit St Petersburg. He had some brilliant pre season with Chelsea, but Thomas Tuchel didn't grant him a chance when the league began. Chelsea already have quality defenders in their squad, they were eager to sign Jules Kounde from Sevilla last summer but it didn't fall through. Malang Sarr will have to fight his way into Chelsea's squad just like Chalobah did.
5. Ruben Loftus Cheek trained with the squad today. The Englishman was also included in Chelsea's squad to face Zenit St Petersburg tomorrow. Ruben Loftus Cheek had a great pre season with Chelsea but is yet to make an appearance under Thomas Tuchel. There's still a long way to go this season and hopefully he gets a say in Chelsea's team.
Photo Credit: gettyimages
Content created and supplied by: RLupdates (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More