Some clubs had been known to have something in common in which they are both considered rivals or competitors. Players from each club are not meant to join the other club so as not to face them. But Unfortunately, some of the players ended up joining the rival clubs and they also played against them on so many occasions.
In this article, I want to list out the players that played for two rival clubs in their football careers.
1. Carlos Tevez: The Argentinian forward was known as a legend and he scored so many goals against top teams in England and Europe. The forward played for Manchester United from the period of 2007 to 2009 before joining Manchester City. We had always known Manchester United and Manchester City to be great rivals that is why the match between them is called Manchester derby.
2. Robert Lewandowski: The Poland international goal machine was once a Dortmund player. He played for Dortmund from 2010 to 2014 before joining Bayern Munich. Now, he almost scores in every match against Borussia Dortmund. Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund had always been great rivals in the German Bundesliga.
3. Luis Figo: The Portuguese International attacker was a Barcelona player. He played for the Catalans from 1995 to 2000 and joined Real Madrid where he played from 2000 to 2005. Real Madrid and Barcelona had been in great competition with Real Madrid in the La Liga that is why the match between the two clubs is called El Classico.
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: The Swedish international striker had played for so many clubs around the world including Manchester United, Ajax, Barcelona and so many of them. He, therefore, played for Inter Milan from 2006 to 2009. He then joined Barcelona and played till 2011 before he joined AC Milan and played for a season. He then left to play for PSG, Manchester United and LA Galaxy before returning to AC Milan. The striker had been able to play countless games against Inter Milan and these clubs had always been in rival with each other. That is the reason why the match between the two of them is called Milan Derby.
5. Sol Campbell: The French defender played amazing football in the Premier League. Campbell played for Tottenham from 1992 to 2001 before he joined Arsenal and stayed till 2006. Tottenham and Arsenal matches are called London derby.
These players played amazing football in these rival clubs and we seem not to forget their names easily. Thanks for reading. Please like and share this article with others.
Content created and supplied by: Bykeblog (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More