The African Cup of Nations is fast approaching and as usual, some African players will be headed to the competition, to represent their countries. Algeria are the current African champions of the African tournament that was last held in 2019. They won the AFCON trophy by defeating Senegal in the final 2 years ago.
In this post, I will be writing about some African players that are playing in the English Premier League that will be going back to Africa to represent their countries when the tournament kick-starts. Please read down.
2. Aston Villa: Mahmoud Trezeguet (Egypt), Bertrand Traore (Burkina Faso), Marvelous Nakamba (Zimbabwe)
3. Brentford: Julian Jeanvier (Guinea), Frank Onyeka (Nigeria), Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Ghana)
4. Brighton: Yves Bissouma (Mali)
5. Burnley: Maxwel Cornet (Ivory Coast)
6. Chelsea: Edouard Mendy (Senegal), Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)
7. Crystal Palace: Cheikhou Kouyate (Senegal), Jeffrey Schlupp (Ghana), Jordan Ayew (Ghana), Wilfried Zaha (Ivory Coast)
8. Everton: Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Ivory Coast), Alex Iwobi (Nigeria)
9. Leeds United: None
10. Leicester City: Daniel Amartey (Ghana), Nampalys Mendy (Senegal), Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria), Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria)
11. Liverpool: Mohamed Salah (Egypt), Naby Keita (Guinea), Sadio Mane (Senegal)
12. Manchester City: Riyad Mahrez (Algeria)
13. Manchester United: Eric Bailly (Ivory Coast), Amad Diallo (Ivory Coast)
14. Newcastle United: None
15. Norwich City: None
16. Southampton: Moussa Djenepo (Mali), Mohammed Salisu (Ghana)
17. Tottenham Hotspur: None
18. Watford: Peter Etebo (Nigeria), William Troost-Ekong (Nigeria), Adam Masina (Morocco), Ismaila Sarr (Senegal), Emmanuel Dennis (Nigeria)
19. West Ham: None
20. Wolves: Romain Saiss (Morocco).
Content created and supplied by: LawrenceWrites (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More