Sign in
Download Opera News App

Sports

 

Soccer

 

Premier League

Liverpool Evening Headlines For Thursday, 16.

£70m Liverpool-linked striker who Tottenham could reportedly hijack has 'made his choice'


Well, reported Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur target Victor Osimhen is definitely leaving France, it would seem.

The red-hot Nigerian marksman has been heavily linked with a move away from Ligue 1 side Lille in recent months.

According to L’Equipe, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is very keen on bringing him to Anfield, having missed out on Timo Werner, while RMC Sport reported this week that Tottenham are optimistic of ‘hijacking’ Napoli’s £70 million bid.

It remains to be seen where the player winds up, but Lille CEO Marc Ingla confirmed to Sky Sports today that Osimhen has ‘made his choice’ and is definitely leaving the club.

He said: “I think we are in the final stage, even though there is interest from other clubs. The player made his choice & we are in the final moments of the transfer. It is a shame to see him go but that’s the market.”

Liverpool ready to listen to offers for£100,000-a-week centre-back


Liverpool are set to trigger a one-year extension to Dejan Lovren’s deal but are still keen on selling the ace this summer.

Dejan was set to enter the final year of his contract, but Liverpool triggering an option now extends the defender’s contract until the summer of 2022.

Zenit St Petersburg were eyeing a cut-price deal for defender owing to his contract situation, any chances of a bargain discount will now be dashed.

It’s added that Croatia international is on the hunt for a move that will give him more regular first-team football, the defender sees little action as Liverpool’s fourth-choice centre-back.

The 31-year-old centre-back has found himself behind Joe Gomez and Joel Matip in the pecking order to partner stalwart Virgil van Dijk, limiting the defender to only 15 games across all tournaments this campaign.

Dejan’s last outing was a cameo in the bore draw against local rivals Everton Liverpool’s first match back of the Premier League’s restart.

Giallorossi are also amongst the sides linked with Dejan, with two unnamed Premier League clubs said to have enquired about the centre-back in the last six months as well.

Dejan has played 185 games for Liverpool since arriving from Southampton six years ago, the ace has largely failed to live up to the price-tag with some costly errors in high-profile matches.

Liverpool handed massive blow in their pursuit of 23-year-old Bundesliga winger


Liverpool have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Werder Bremen winger Milot Rashica after the German club secure place in the Bundesliga next season.

Werder were forced to take part in the relegation playoffs after finishing 2019/20 season on the 16th place, just one point clear of the automatic relegation spots.

A 2-2 draw in Monday’s second leg against Heidenheim saw Werder to remain in the top-flight survival on away goals, narrowly avoiding a shock demotion to the second tier.

The 23-year-old forward has played a crucial role in their survival with providing eight goals and provided seven assists, but he has been heavily tipped to depart from the club regardless of whether they were able to stay up.

A number of Premier League teams including Liverpool, Brighton & Hove Albion Aston Villa West Ham United and Wolves have been credited with a strong interest in the 24-year-old, who has reportedly already told his teammates that he will be departing from the club.

"German media outlet DeichStube claims that Rashica has a £33m release clause in his current deal with the club, however, that he would have been available for just €15m (£13.6m) had Werder suffered relegation."

Werder’s sporting director last month had confirmed that the Kosovo international is keen to depart from the club but after remaining in Bundesliga it seems that he will continue his career with Werder.

Report: Liverpool look set to miss out on 13 goals & assists attacker


Liverpool look set to miss out on the signature of Valencia winger Ferran Torres after it emerged that the player has agreed personal terms with Premier League rivals Manchester City.

Eurosport claims that the 20-year-old met with City on Wednesday and all that is left to be done is for the two clubs to agree on a transfer fee for the Spanish Under-21 international. The report goes on to say that Valencia are keen on selling the player to raise funds after they missed out on Champions League or Europa League qualification.

According to Goal, the Reds are said to have been one of a number of clubs who had shown an interest in Torres’ services but it appears the ‘sought-after’ attacker could be headed for Manchester rather than Merseyside.

The player has made 32 La Liga appearances for Valencia this season, scoring four goals and providing four assists. Ferran Torres has also made six appearances in this season’s UEFA Champions League, scoring goals against both Lille and Serie A side Atalanta. In total, he has produced six goals and seven assists in all competitions.

Would you have liked to see Liverpool land Ferran Torres?

The winger is a product of Valencia’s youth academy and was also part of the club’s squad that won last season’s Copa Del Rey, defeating Barcelona 2-1 in Seville (as per The Guardian).

Content created and supplied by: OlaSportLive (via Opera News )

Anfield Jurgen Klopp Marc Ingla Timo Werner Victor Osimhen

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments