One of the great players we have in football history is Cristiano Ronaldo, and undoubtedly, he has created lots of amazing records in his football career. Just recently, he returned to his previous football club, Manchester United, and he's currently playing for the club.
He joined Manchester United in 2003 and played for the club till 2009. However, he returned to the club this year (2021) and still playing for the club.
However, Cristiano Ronaldo is not the only player who did this, that is, who returned to the club they once played for after leaving the club.
So, we will be looking at seven (7) other players who returned to their former football club apart from Cristiano Ronaldo.
• Gianluigi Buffon - he once played for Parma between 1995 and 2001, and now, he has returned to the club, and currently playing for the club as the goalkeeper.
• Thierry Henry - he played for Arsenal between 1997 and 2007. He returned to the club in 2011 and played for the club till 2012 before his retirement.
• Gareth Bale - he played for Tottenham Hotspur between 2007 and 2013, and he returned to the club last year (2020) before he returned to Real Madrid this year (2021).
• Carlos Tevez - he played for Boca Juniors between 2001 and 2004 and returned to the club in the year 2018. He left the club again this year (2021).
• Kaka - he played for AC Milan between 2003 and 2009. He returned to the club in 2013 and played for the club till 2014 before his retirement.
• Fernando Torres - he's one of Atletico Madrid's major players between 2001 and 2007 before he left the club. However, he returned to the club in the year 2016 and played for the club till 2018 before his retirement.
• Didier Drogba - he played for Chelsea between 2004 and 2012, and then returned to the club in the year 2014. He played for Chelsea till 2015 before he left for another club, and then retired entirely from football.
Which of these players made more contributions to their respective clubs after they returned to the club?
Let us hear you.
Like, share, and follow for more information.
Content created and supplied by: OReporter (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More