Price tag's they say do not play football on the pitch, that is the case of the world most expensive goal keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga. The Chelsea shot stopper who has been woeful all season, as he has really come under serious pressure this season after series of poor performances. Having joined Chelsea from boyhood Spanish club Atletico Bilbao in the region of 80million Euro's, making it the highest transfer been made for a goal keeper but ever since then it hasn't really been all rosey for the Spaniard. Although he had a nice outing in his first season at Chelsea were he showed signs of promise, but the young shot stopper this season hasn't been able to justify the price tag on his head as he has been close to a disaster in goal for Chelsea this season. Such poor performances even saw him loose his place earlier in the season to second choice keeper Willy Cabalero, who deputised for the out of favour Kepa in goal. Even though some people will make a case for the young Spaniard, that a goal keeper is a good as the defense in front of him as Chelsea's back four has also been nothing to write home about this season. On the contrary Kepa's poor save ratio and inability to keep clean sheets in games, puts him under severe pressure and if reports are to go by its looking more likely that Frank Lampard and Chelsea, might just be looking for alternatives to the Spaniard next season. But who will they be eying as a possible replacement? Lets have a look at 5 names that have popped up recently for the blues.
1. Ugurcan Cakir: The 24 year old Turkish goalkeeper who plays for Trabzonspor in Turkey, has been touted as a possible replacement for Kepa next season. He has been a stand out perfomer for the Turkish side this season, such has caught the eyes of top clubs in Europe and Chelsea are also said to be interested in his signature. With a fee in the region of 33million Euro's might be enough to price him away from Trabzonspor, as the player admits that playing in the epl will be a dream come true for him.
2. Nick Pope: I assure you that there isn't a better shot stopper in the epl at the moment than the Burnley man, currently leading the clean sheet chart in England with an impressive 14 clean sheets for an average Burnley. Pope has been impressive this season and with Lampard's love for English players, Nick might be his prefered replacement for Kepa in goal come next season.
3. Dean Henderson: The 23 year old United loanee who is currently at Sheffield, is one of the reasons why Sheffield are high up in the epl table this season. The young United goal keeper who has been tipped to replace David de Gea at United, might be a target for Chelsea as he will be looking for playing time knowing that de Gea is still at United. And that might just give Chelsea, an opportunity to take advantage of the situation and make a bid for the promising goal keeper.
4. Andre Onana: With Chelsea already completing one signing from Ajax already in Hakim Ziyech, they may just come back knocking once again for the Cameroonian goal keeper. The 24 year old has once again impressed for the dutch side, and is said to be keen on a move to England with Chelsea tipped to make a move for the young goalie as a replacement for Kepa.
5. Jan Oblak: One name that has been linked with Chelsea in recent days has been the Atletico Madrid captain Oblak. Call him the best goal keeper in the world and you wunt be far from it, the Atletico Madrid goal keeper has been ever impressive in between the sticks for the Spanish club side. Although its reported that he has a price taf of over 100 million Euro's, Chelsea are keen to do a player plus cash deal which includes Kepa to land the 27 year old goal keeper. He undoubtedly will be a great signing for Frank Lampard's men if it goes through.
Any suggestions or opinions please drop in the comment section and don't forget to like and follow as well thanks.
Content created and supplied by: Dblack_Official (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More