Following the release of the 30 men nominees shortlisted for the balon d'or award by January, we will be looking at some of the players that did well last season and still performing at their peak this season but didn't make it to the balon d'or list.
1. Trent Alexander Arnold: The Liverpool young star played at his peak for both his club and country which led England to the Euro's final against Italy.
2. Stefan De Vrij: The Inter Milan defender was solid at the defense line throughout last season but couldn't make it to the 30 men nominees.
3. Marquinhos: Because of his strength and poise at the centre back position, Chelsea had an eye for the PSG current captain. The Brazilian defender led his international team to the Copa America finals against Argentina but couldn't make it to the 30 men balon d'or nominees.
4. Thiago Muller: Being a key man in the Bayern attacking side alongside Lewandowski providing goal and assist, the German should have been given the chance to be among the balon d'or nominees just like Lewandowski.
5. Frenkie De Jong: The midfielder was signed from Ajax to Barcelona and has been exceptional since then. His performance last season should have taken far as qualifying for the balon d'or but he didn't.
6. Ben Davies: The young left back has proven to be exceptional from the defense to the attacking side. He won the Bundesliga title with Bayern Munich and should have been given a chance for the balon d'or title.
7. Joshua Kimmich
8: Lorenzo Insigne
9. Eduardo Mendy: The Chelsea goal keeper was exceptional in the post since he signed with Chelsea saving Chelsea through many games that finally led them to winning the champions league trophy but couldn't make it to the 30 men nominees for balon d'or.
10. Frederico Chiesa
11. Heung Min Son
Photo Credit: Google
Content created and supplied by: TSportsOnline (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More