For Nigeria, being in the final round of World Cup qualifications is something they must achieve. Unfortunately, this achievement will be meaningless if Super Eagles doesn't qualify through the play-offs for the World Cup.
In the next five months of international football for Nigeria, Rohr will likely face an amount of pressure that he hasn't seen in his many years of coaching football. That's why he must make his plans now.
Proactively, he must take the following 10 actions if he wants to enjoy 2022 in beautiful Qatar for his 2nd consecutive World Cup:
1. Prepare his team psychologically for all five possible opponents.
2. Set his preparation plan that matches with all 5 options, including alternative travel plans and schedules to the away matches (preferably with chartered flight to avoid the players fatigue of the classical African transits and long flights).
3. Isolate his team 100% away from all kinds of media, so as to avoid distractions or media fights that might emotionally affect fans and players.
4. Fix his main players list, taking in consideration the possibility of injuries or red cards in the first leg of the play-off round.
5. Forecast the attitude and competences of his competitors in all scenarios with data analysis of their performance throughout the last 12 months.
6. Impose his style and game plan on the matches and select the 11 players who can execute his game plan regardless of the history or fame of the players, along with a substitute list that can change the game should the game plan need to change during the matches.
7. Focus on harmony between the players, and establish a mix of diversified skills that can help in all expected and unexpected situations.
8. Be brave with well-calculated risks from the first minute of the match till the end.
9. Do not allow any interference of Nigerian Football Federation administration or management in his plans, as he knows and we all know well who they are and their capabilities.
As the old saying goes, "the easiest way to predict the future, is to create it yourself." We wish Super Eagles and Rohr all the best in fulfilling the hopes of millions of Nigerians around the globe and making it to the 2022 World Cup.
Content created and supplied by: AdemetanAbayomi (via Opera News )