Salaries Of Medical Scientist And Their Duties
Whether we use the name medical scientist or laboratory technician, we are basically referring to the same proffesion.
A person working as a Laboratory Technician in Nigeria typically earns around 201,000 NGN per month. Salaries range from 92,500 NGN (lowest) to 320,000 NGN (highest).
This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits. Laboratory Technician salaries vary drastically based on experience, skills, gender, or location. Below you will find a detailed breakdown based on many different criteria.
Laboratory Technician Salary Distribution in Nigeria
The median, the maximum, the minimum, and the range
- Laboratory Technician salaries in Nigeria range from 92,500 NGN per month (minimum salary) to 320,000 NGN per month (maximum salary).
- The median salary is 217,000 NGN per month, which means that half (50%) of people working as Laboratory Technician(s) are earning less than 217,000 NGN while the other half are earning more than 217,000 NGN. The median represents the middle salary value. Generally speaking, you would want to be on the right side of the graph with the group earning more than the median salary.
- Closely related to the median are two values: the 25th and the 75th percentiles. Reading from the salary distribution diagram, 25% of Laboratory Technician(s) are earning less than 139,000 NGN while 75% of them are earning more than 139,000 NGN. Also from the diagram, 75% of Laboratory Technician(s) are earning less than 290,000 NGN while 25% are earning more than 290,000 NGN.
What Do Medical Laboratory Scientists or technician Do?
Medical laboratory scientists are responsible for performing laboratory tasks related to the medical field for their organization. They are in charge of completing routine medical analysis, quality control testing, and other research activities. Medical laboratory scientists need to pay strong attention to detail to prevent human error, as well as laboratory instrument failure. These professionals also collect specimens, and process them accordingly. In all tasks, the medical laboratory scientists must follow strict privacy and safety protocols to avoid laboratory and material contamination.
One of the scientist's main functions include performing laboratory tool maintenance and organizing laboratory supplies. They also create reports based on their findings and report their progress to the medical laboratory supervisor or administrator in their department. Medical laboratory scientists review procedures and draw conclusions, creating knowledge to use during future projects. They take part in regular training sessions and learn about new technology devices and techniques as applicable.
A bachelor's degree in a science-related field is generally the minimal educational requirement for this job. Extensive laboratory training is also necessary for this position. Previous relevant experience is needed as well. Medical laboratory scientists must possess strong analytical skills, be organized, and have excellent communication skills. They should work well in a team setting, and they should also work well on their own with minimal supervision. Medical laboratory scientists must be proficient with basic office software to create detailed reports and communicate through online means with other medical professionals.
Medical Laboratory Scientist or technician Tasks
- Perform medical testing, scientific examinations, and molecular diagnostics.
- Enter results data and ensure accuracy of test results.
- Assess functionality of, maintain, and adjust laboratory equipment.
- Collect and analyze body fluid samples for various diseases, deficiencies, and drug levels.
Please like and share with to enlighten others
Content created and supplied by: Precious24 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More