We all are imperfect, and at one point or another, some of us have forgotten our phone password or pattern. But if that ever happens, no need to worry, seen what to do to unlock your phone.
If you forget your Android lock screen password, is there a way to unlock your phone? The short answer is no – you will have to reset to be able to use your phone again.because all recent versions of Android encrypt the data on your phone by default, there is no way to recover any photos, contacts or other data that you haven’t backed up to your Google account; they will be gone forever after the reset. However, at least your phone will be unlocked and you’ll be able to use it again.
There are two ways to factory reset an Android phone if you’ve forgotten the password and can’t get past the lock screen.
The first is to use google find my device which allows you to remotely erase your phone online. If you don’t have Find My Device turned on (it should be on by default), you’ll have to use the second method, Android’s “Recovery Mode”.
How to reset your Android phone through Find My Device
1. Go to andriod.com/find If you’re not already, sign in to your Google account that is the main profile on your device. And if you have more than one device, select the phone you want to erase at the top left of the screen.
2. Select ERASE DEVICE
3. Click the ERASE DEVICE button
4. Follow the steps to set up your phone again – note that you will need to verify the Google account information you originally used to set up the phone in order to proceed with setting up the device.
How to reset your Android phone through Recovery Mode
1. Hold down the Power button to power off your device.
2. Press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button until your phone boots into Fastboot Mode. You’ll see a bunch of system info, along with menus option on the right side of your screen.
3. Use the Volume up and Volume down buttons to navigate through the menu options until you get to Recovery Mode, then press the Power Button to select it.
4. You’ll see the Google logo on a white background, then the Android mascot lying on his back and the words No command.
5. Press and hold the Power button, then press the Volume up button.
6. A new menu will pop up with a variety of system commands. Use the Volume buttons to get to Wipe data/factory reset and the Power button to select it.
Please like, follow and comment on my page.
Content created and supplied by: Smith100 (via Opera News )