I've made a lot of mistakes as a writer, but that's okay. Mistakes are the best way to learn. When we make a mistake once, we usually don't make it again. As a writer on Opera News Hub, are you getting low clicks? Then this article is for you. Check the mistakes I listed below and the possible solutions I suggested...
1) Not Giving Consideration To How You Start Your Content: The introductory part of your article is very important, because it is the first stage a reader reads. It sets the tone of what the article is going to be about. The reader gets to learn whether you are relatable, and whether or not the if the article is actually for them. So you have to give thought on how to start your article, because you want to keep the readers engage. How you start your article, will have a huge impact on the preference of the article.
2) Not Editing Your Work: I've come across some articles here on Opera News Hub and mere looking at it, I discovered that those articles were not edited. After writing an article, you need to set out time to edit your work. It is unethical or unprofessional to just submit your article without editing. Not everyone loves editing but look at it on the bright side, editing turns something great into something even greater. Sometimes, the reason your article was rejected, was because of lack of editing.
3) Not Proofreading Your Work: After editing, you need to proofread too. Editing is making those big changes to the content itself. While proofreading is making the tiny changes to the grammar and spelling. Make sure you never release an article until you have edited or proofread. You will be glad you did.
4) Choosing The Wrong Point Of View: This is really important because if you come with a wrong point of view, and writing in wrong tense, it is going to get your article rejected and it will blow people off because they are expecting a good content. As far as the tense are concern, they should be written in past tense especially when reporting an incident that has happened in the past.
5) Not Doing Research: Research is not only a science stuff but it is also an art process, and it is not easy. It requires honesty and hardwork with patience and perseverance. Even if you are a master of your subject, you still need to do a little bit of research on your subject matter. When you research on your subject matter, you provide your readers with insight and advanced knowledge.
6) Not Understanding Who Your Readers/Audience Are: If you want to become a better writer, become a better reader. Great writing is connecting with readers, in a meaningful way. As a writer, task yourself to understand what your readers want, get much understanding of your potential readers as possible.
If you do these things I listed above, make a U-turn and take the solutions I gave, and start making exploits... Your articles will be getting promising clicks.
Was this article helpful? Share your thoughts via the comment section...
Please share this article to your favorite writers
Don't forget to follow me up for more...
Content created and supplied by: CreativeMind1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More