MTN's eSIM is an electronic subscriber identity module by MTN Nigeria in which rather than slotting your sim card into your phone, the technology is built right into your Phone and is activated upon request.
The eSIM, unlike its predecessor requires no physical card to function as it uses an inbuilt microchip in mobile devices such smartphones, pads, laptops and wearables.
How to activate and use eSIM
To use eSim cards, it first has to be activated on your phone. The activation has to be done in an MTN store by a customer care agent. According to MTN, the process is done free of charge.
Once the device is certified compatible with the eSim, an account profile is created for the subscriber and the agents complete the integration process with the user.
Benefits of MTN eSIM
Here are some benefits of the latest MTN eSIM technology;
1. Once you have adopted this technology, you will no longer need to cut your MTN sim card into a micro or nano sim.
2. While physical sim cards can store up to 200 contacts, eSim cards can store more than 200 contacts. It is also ideal to avoid water or dust.
3. With the MTN eSim, you can have more than one phone number linked to your smartphone.
4. You can easily switch from one network operator to another when you travel outside Nigeria.
5. There is no chance of your MTN eSim getting stolen or damaged as it is inbuilt.
Since eSIM is a new technology, not all mobile devices are equipped with the eSIM chip. But below are the list of devices that currently support the eSIM technology;
1. Google Pixel: Pixel 3, 3A, 3A XL, and 4
2. Samsung: Galaxy S20, Note 20, Z-Flip Foldable,
3. Apple: iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
4. Huawei P40 and P40 Pro
5. Nuu Mobile X5
6. HP Spectre Folio
7. iPad: Air (3rd Generation), Pro (3rd Gen), Mini (3rd Gen)
8. Gemini PDA, e.t.c
Is your phone brand listed here?
Will you be among the first set of Nigerians to make use of the new technology?
Hit me up with your thoughts via the comment box below
Content created and supplied by: Standavid (via Opera News )