Hello everyone, in this article I would show you how to add emergency information to your phone's lock screen.
Please after reading this, if you find this article helpful kindly share (important) and also I would appreciate if you follow.
This very technology trick could save your life. Here's how to make sure you and your family have emergency medical information and contact numbers readily available.
What would happen if you needed immediate care, but couldn't communicate with first responders, for example, as a result of being oblivious? People with serious known conditions, including those prone to convulsions or that have an implanted device, might put on a bracelet or necklace explaining their medical situation. For everyone else, how will emergency teams find out your blood type, allergies, or whom to call? One of the easiest solutions is to put this information on your phone and make it accessible from the lock screen.
How to Add Emergency Information to an Android Phone
Most Android devices have an emergency contact info you can enter into the phone's settings. Where it is will depend on which phone and version of Android you have. In all similarities, it will be something like this;
1. Firstly Go to settings: Users and Accounts (or Users) then click Emergency Information. If you can't find it, there's a chance it's below My Info, if your phone has that option.
2. After clicking on Emergency, Select Edit or Edit Information.
3. Hopefully, you see a lots of fields for your emergency medical information, such as name, blood type, medications, allergies, and so on. Fill out this section as thoroughly and accurately as you can. For medications and allergies, if you have none, it's better to write "None" or "None known" than leave them empty. That way, medical professionals will know you did not simply overlook these fields.
4. After that, check for a place where you can select or add your emergency contacts. It might be below all the fields; it might be in a second tab; or it might be in your contacts app. Whatsoever the case, someone must be in your contacts app (i.e saved contact on your phone) before you can assign them as an emergency contact. Make sure their information is updated in your phone.
5. Android devices allows you to easily add any message to your lock screen, which is really a good place to put very important medical records, in case people don't know where to retrieve your full medical data. To add a line to your lock screen, look in your settings for something called Screen Lock or Lock Screen Message. There you can add custom text that will be visible on your lock screen.
How to Use Emergency Info on an Android Device
If there's someone in need with an Android phone (smartphone), here's how you would pull up their medical information and emergency contacts. Similarly to an iOS device, locating the information in an Android device is quite easy if you follow these wonderful easy steps:
1. From the mobile lock screen, swipe up.
2. Select Emergency (at times you double tap the emergency button for it to open), followed by Emergency Information.
As long as the phone has emergency information available and the person has entered it which I have explained above, you should be able to dial their emergency contacts even with the phone locked.
You can also dial the local emergency number when you swipe up and select Emergency.
If you understand what has been written kindly drop a comment.
Please share this post you may be saving a person's life today!
Thanks for reading, support this page by clicking the follow button if you found this article helpful.
Content created and supplied by: Bigfoot_media (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More