Are you getting tired and frustrated of losing some of your extremely important text messages? Do you get angry with yourself when you mistakenly delete a valuable text message on your phone? Have you lost your mobile phone in the past, and you wished there was a way of backing and retrieving your text messages?
A text message is a brief electronic message sent between mobile phones.
Text messaging can be an incredibly useful means of mobile communication and transmission.
Understanding how to back up your text messages can help you retrieve them, should your mobile phone get missing or start to malfunction.
Backup Text Messages for Android phones
1. Log into your Gmail account from your computer.
2. Open the settings menu.
3. Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
5. Click Save Changes.
6. Download and install SMS Backup to your Android phone from the Google Play Store.
7. Open the app.
8. Tap the button next to Connect to connect to your Gmail account.
9. From the resulting web browser, log into your Gmail account and click to 'Grant access' to the app.
10. Tap on 'Backup' from the 'First backup' window that pops up.
11. Wait for the backup process to complete.
12. The SMS conversations will appear like email conversation threads in your Gmail account marked with the names of the corresponding contacts
Also for Android phones, you can as well back up your text messages by using Android assistance.
These are the steps.
1. Download and install Android Assistant on your computer. It is available for Windows and for Mac.
2. Open the program on your computer.
3. Connect your Android smartphone to your computer with a USB cable.
4. Wait three to five minutes for the analysis process to complete.
5. You will be presented with a page with 'Essential information' about your device.
6. Click on the SMS navigation link in the left sidebar.
7. Click Import/Export from the buttons at the top.
8. Click on Export All Messages to Computer.
9. Choose where the exported SMS file should be saved.
Backup Text Messages for iphones
iTunes software on your computer can be used to create a full backup of your text messages
1. Open iTunes on your computer.
2. Plug in your iPhone to the computer using the USB cable.
3. Select your iPhone icon from near the top of the iTunes window.
4. A page with information about your iPhone will appear, including the serial number and iOS version.
5. In the lower half of the window is a section labeled Backups.
6. Select the radio button to indicate you would like to have automatic backups to 'this computer.
7. Optionally select whether the backup should be encrypted with a password.
8. Click the 'Back Up Now' button under 'Manually Back Up and Restore' to start the backup process immediately.
Kindly share, comment, like and follow for more updates
Content created and supplied by: Giborah (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More