Instagram is one of the best social media sites for selling online product because it’s so image driven. Here’s how to use it to get the best results…
Get An Instagram Business Account
1. Go to your account and tap the upper right corner of the page.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Account.
4. Tap Switch to Professional Account.
5. Tap Business.
6. Connect to your Facebook business page (optional).
7. Add business details, including your business category and contact information.
8. Tap Done.
Set Up Your Profile Right
1. Write a compelling bio. You only have 150 characters, so you’ll need to make every word count.
2. Pick the right profile picture. Your profile picture should be authentic, memorable, and reflective of your brand.
3. Include your contact information. That means the URL of your printable shop. This is the only place where you can put a clickable link.
Work with Filters
1. Play with filters. One way to ensure that your images look like they belong together is to make use of Instagram’s library of filters.
2. Experiment. Keep in mind that you can intensify the filtering effect by tapping a filter once to apply it to an image, and again to intensify it.
3. Choose a filter for your brand. Once you find a filter you like, consider using it for all your Instagram photos.
Use Hashtags the Right Way
1. Start with general hashtags. A few good ideas include: #printables, #planners, or #journals.
2. Come up with a branded hashtag. Making a hashtag around your brand lets your fans find your content easily.
3. Research popular hashtags. You can use a tool like Ingramer or HashtagsforLikes to do this.
4. Consider a hashtag planner. Both Seek Metrics & Kicksta will help you take your Instagram game to the next level.
Write the Perfect Caption
1. Put your most important information near the top. The main hashtag you’re targeting, and other essential information, should be in the first lines.
2. Let your brand personality shine. Your caption can be several paragraphs long, so don’t be afraid to have fun with it.
3. Use emoji. There’s evidence to show that they increase engagement – and they’re fun!
4. Put line breaks between your paragraphs. They’ll make your caption easy to read and help ensure that your followers don’t miss important information.
5. Always add a call to action at the bottom of your caption. For example, you could increase traffic by asking your followers to tag a friend in the comments.
Working with Influencers
1. Do your research. The influencers to target are those who have a following of people who are interested in the products you sell.
2. Find a good fit. Before you reach out to an influencer, make sure that their brand and yours are a good fit.
3. Take a personal approach. Don’t copy and paste the same email or DM to many influencers. Take the time to write a personal appeal.
4. Be gracious if the influencer declines to work with you. Not every offer is a good fit. Influencers work a long time to build up a following, and many will only recommend a few selected products.
5. Put it in writing. Make sure that any influencer who’s going to promote
your brand understands what you expect in return for your money.
6. Consider asking for a regular Instagram post and a Story. Stories get a lot of attention and may offer you the best chance of being seen by the influencer’s audience.
7. Don’t expect to control every aspect of the promotion. Any influencer worth partnering with will know their audience far better than you do.
Content created and supplied by: lsgnaija (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More