Nigeria is a very blessed country no doubt. I'll be taking you on many beautiful facts you may not have known about Nigeria. Enjoy the ride.
1. Nigeria is located in West Africa
3. It is made up of thirty six states and capitals
4. The capital city is Abuja
5. The largest city is Lagos
6. The most beautiful city is Calabar
7. It is the 17th most populated country in the world. Population of almost 200 million.
8. It is widely known as the giant of africa due to its large population
9. It's residents are called nigerians
10. There are over 250 ethnic groups
11. The major ethnic groups are Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba
12. Over 500 languages are spoken in Nigeria
13. English language is the official language spoken
14. French language is the second official language
15. Nigeria owns the second largest movie industry in the world known as nollywood after India's Bollywood
16. The name Nigeria comes from the Niger river which runs in the south and west of the country
17. It is the 32nd largest country at the size of 356 669square miles.
18. The official currency is Naira
19. The green colour in the Nigerian flag represents agriculture while the white colour represents peace
20. Nigeria practices Christianity, Islamic and African traditional religion
21. It's calling code is +234
22. Nigeria got it's independence in October 1,1960
23. A republic was declared in October 1,1963
24. Nigeria practices the left hand driving
25. Nigeria's motto is "unity and faith, peace and progress"
26. It practices the presidential system of government
Are there other facts about Nigeria you know of?
Kindly drop them in the comment box, like and share too.
Follow me @IgbokweRoseline for more interesting articles.
Content created and supplied by: IgbokweRoseline (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More