Nigeria is a very blessed country no doubt. I'll be taking you on many beautiful facts you may not have known about Nigeria. Enjoy the ride.
1. Nigeria is located in West Africa
3. It is made up of thirty six states and capitals
4. The capital city is Abuja
5. The largest city is Lagos
6. The most beautiful city is Calabar
7. It is the 17th most populated country in the world. Population of almost 200 million.
8. It is widely known as the giant of africa due to its large population
9. It's residents are called nigerians
10. There are over 250 ethnic groups
11. The major ethnic groups are Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba
12. Over 500 languages are spoken in Nigeria
13. English language is the official language spoken
14. French language is the second official language
15. Nigeria owns the second largest movie industry in the world known as nollywood after India's Bollywood
16. The name Nigeria comes from the Niger river which runs in the south and west of the country
17. It is the 32nd largest country at the size of 356 669square miles.
18. The official currency is Naira
19. The green colour in the Nigerian flag represents agriculture while the white colour represents peace
20. Nigeria practices Christianity, Islamic and African traditional religion
21. It's calling code is +234
22. Nigeria got it's independence in October 1,1960
23. A republic was declared in October 1,1963
24. Nigeria practices the left hand driving
25. Nigeria's motto is "unity and faith, peace and progress"
26. It practices the presidential system of government
Are there other facts about Nigeria you know of?
Kindly drop them in the comment box, like and share too.
Follow me @IgbokweRoseline for more interesting articles.
Content created and supplied by: IgbokweRoseline (via Opera News )