Below are what you should know about Mount Kilimanjaro.
1. Mount Kilimanjaro is the tallest mountain in Africa.
2. It is the highest free-standing single mountain in the world.
4. It is 19,341 ft ( 5,895 meters) above the sea level and 16,100 ft ( 4,900 meters ) below the sea level.
5. Mount Kilimanjaro is ranked the fourth tallest mountain in the world.
6. It has the coordinates 03°04'33"S 37°21'12"E.
7. It is located at the North eastern part of Tanzania.
8. It is 3 million years old.
9. Mountain type: Stratovolcano.
10. It last eruption was between 150,000 and 200,000 years ago.
11. Hans Meyer and Ludwig Purtscheller became the first people climb to the top in 6th October, 1889.
12. It has 'hiking' as it's easiest route.
13. Mount Kilimanjaro is the fourth most prominent peak on earth by Topography.
14. It is one of the most visited natural suite in Africa.
15. Mount Kilimanjaro is surrounded by evergreen trees and some animals.
16. It may not erupt again in the next two centuries.
Finally, the question is after we have collectively tell COVID-19 Pandemic bye! bye!!
Will you visit Mount Kilimanjaro? Being the African Giant of all mountains, it's worthed visited.
It's always my pleasure to have readers who read, follow , like, share and comment.
Please stay safe.
Content created and supplied by: UncleIni (via Opera News )