The current population of Nigeria is approximately 207 million.
Here Are 7 Intresting thing You Should Know About Nigeria
1. Nigeria current population is approximately 207millon making her the seventh most populated country in the world. Do you know that Nigeria alone occupy 2.7% of the world population and also it the sixth most populated country in the world and also the most populated in Africa.
2. Despite the fact that Nigeria has more than 520 tribes, It is one of the liveliest places in Africa that continues to attract visitors from different parts of the world. The three most common language after English include Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. One thing I love about my country as a Nigerian is that after all the disagreement between different ethnic group or different tribes we still end patching our wounds and coming back together as one.
3. The Town Of Igbo-Ora is known as the Nation's Home Of Twins:
The unusual high rate of twin birth in this town have earned it a nickname "Twin Capital Of The World". Though no direct relation between dietary intake and twin births has been proved. So I will conclude it is Gods gift.
4. Like in other African countries, some Nigerians consider the left hand to be unclean and using it to be a sign of disrespect. Those that believe this do not eat, shake hands or receive items with their left hand. Am sure you can testify.
5. Lagos state in Nigeria is the second most populated business city in the world after New York. It would be the fifth largest economy in Africa if it were a country.
6. Do you know that Nigeria has the largest music industry in Africa and also the largest movie industry in Africa and the third largest globally.
7. Due to Nigerian export market it is the largest economy in the whole Africa. And also Nigeria is the home to African Richest Business man Aliko Dangote, his net worth is not less than $15 billion.
The main reason why I uploaded this article is for people that think they can only be successful when they travel abroad. The truth is that no matter how useless you think Nigeria is, it is till your home country. So if your still looking for any means to leave your home and family instead try investing it or start up a business with it. Is one thing to travel abroad and is another thing to survive.
One Love For 9ja
Help Your Fellow Nigerians By Sharing, Like and Follow For More Update
Content created and supplied by: Austin-Nonso (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More