Please, before reading, tap the follow icon and get more interesting articles.
There are lot of Ibo proverbs but I have decided to deal with just a few. Here are ten proverbs you must know.
1) You do not pour water into a basket and expect it to remain.
Lesson: Every action you take has it's consequences
2) The monkey is a monkey and the gorilla is a gorilla.
Lesson: Do not judge people by others' lifestyle and attitude.
3) He that brings an ant infested faggot into his house must expect the male lizards to pay him a visit.
Lesson: The lesson is as same as that of number one.
4) A thief that was sent by his father, does not hesitate to break the door open with his foot.
Lesson: One's family has influence over them. If one is taught to do something bad by his family people, he would do it without a second thought.
5) An old woman feels uneasy when dry bones are mentioned in proverbs.
Meaning: When something that affects you is being made mentioned of, you would not find it amusing.
6) The chicken chasers will always have a fall and the chicken will take to it's flight.
Lesson: Evil people will always fall in their chase of the innocent
7) You cannot pick a mango under a pear tree
Lesson: What you sow is what you reap.
8) Do not throw a stone into the crowd because it might land on the head of one of your relatives.
Lesson: Do not take careless actions that can hurt others because it can also affect your loved ones .
9) When a carpenter makes a mistake, he would say it's a new style.
Meaning: When people make mistakes, they would try to justify it.
10) An old woman does not get old in the dance she can best perform.
Meaning: One's talent does not fade with ageing.
Is there any proverb that you cherish a lot? Drop them in the comment box and admonish a life.
Content created and supplied by: ChiedozieAnasieze (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More