Today's Headlines: 320 Applications Received From Convicts - Malami; 1 Dead In Osun Armed Robbers Attack
(Photos Credit: Google) Presidential Pardon: We’ve received 320 applications from convicts — Malami The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr Abubakar Malami, SAN, on Tuesday, disclosed that the Federal Government has received numerous applications from some convicts and inmates that are praying for pardon and clemency.
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, on Monday rejected a notice filed by the Police, to discountenance a suit filed against a former Governor of Imo State, Mr. Ikedi Ohakim by An Abuja- based woman, Ms Chinyere Amuchienwa. Mr. Abubakar Malami, the Attorney General of the Federation, and, Minister of Justice, was restrained by the Court of his unfettered power to take over the prosecution of the case.
Former Imo State Governor, Ikedi Ohakim, has appealed a Federal High Court judgement in Abuja that allowed the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, to take over the investigation of the case involving Ms Chinyere Amuchinwa's nude films. This was revealed in a statement released to SaharaReporters on Tuesday by his defense counsel, Aloy Ejimakor.
Today's Headlines: FG Has Blocked Terrorist Financiers in Nigeria -Malami, Tonto Dikeh Replies Kpokpogri
FG blocked Terrorist Financiers In Nigeria - Malami Photo Credit: Punch Nigeria The Federal Government has said it has successfully blocked terrorism financing in Nigeria, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has said. Malami told the News Agency of Nigeria in New York that the federal government had also succeeded in identifying and detaining “high profile individuals” responsible for funding terrorists’ activities in the country.
It has become a subject of serious controversy that the President Muhammadu Buhari led federal government has refused to expose the sponsors of terrorism. There have been calls by many Nigerians for the federal government to expose those linked with sponsoring terrorism. But, that has not been done.
The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has responded to the allegations peddling around the arrest of some persons for allegedly sponsoring terrorism in the country. The Minister was reported by some media that he had released the alleged Boko Haram sponsors.
For a while now, there have been reports that the federal government has identified about 400 sponsors of Boko-Haram insurgents in Nigeria. Since the report was made, several individuals and groups have continued to urge the government to name the individuals. However, the government maintained that it is not yet time to reveal such sensitive information.
To prevent conflicts between farmers and herders in the Southern region, the governors of the 17 southern states agreed on May 11, 2021, to prohibit open grazing in the region. The governors' decision was revealed following a meeting in Asaba, the Delta state capital.
Amid the controversy surrounding the recently halted VAT collection law which the Lagos and Rivers State governments had earlier tried to implement in their states, the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami in a recent report from Sahara Reporters has come to disclose how the Federal government is getting ready to sue both state governments over the issue.
Malami finally reacts to report of releasing 300 Boko Haram Sponsors Photo Credit: Politics Nigeria The Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami has denied releasing any Boko Haram Financier, contrary to a report by online news media on Friday. Malami, in a statement signed by his media, Umar Gwandu, stated that the report of him ordering the release of Boko haram Sponsors was ‘False’.
Indication has emerged that the federal government is planning to bring fresh legal actions against Yoruba activist Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho. This follows the judgment of a High Court in Ibadan, Oyo State Capital which ruled in favour of Igboho and awarded N20 billion in his favour.
The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Malam Abubakar Malami has stated that the suspected Boko Haram financiers that were arrested have not been released as speculated. He stressed that they are still under custody on valid court order. This explanation became necessary after reports emerged that 300 suspects were released by the Minister of Justice.
Opinion: SGF Should Consider Dissolving Their Stand On VAT As FG Moves To Sue Gov Wike And Sanwo-Olu
It's no longer news that the Southern Governors Forum (SGF) has already backed Governor Sanwo-Olu and Nyesom Wike of Lagos and Rivers States on their decision to start collecting VAT in their domains, what's news now is that the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami SAN, has come out to disclose that the President Buhari-led government is currently on the process of suing both state governments at the Abuja Supreme Court in order to resolve the matter once and for all.
Following the Court of Appeal's decision, the Federal Government states the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) will continue to collect Value Added Tax (VAT). Abubakar Malami, the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, informed the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in New York about the dispute between FIRS and the Rivers Government over VAT collection.
THE Federal Government may file a fresh action against Yoruba secessionist agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho, following the judgment of Oyo State High Court which awarded N20 billion in damages in his favour. Source: Tribune Nigeria The Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in New York that the Federal Government had the right to appeal the judgment or file a fresh charge.
Insecurity: We’ll leverage on Boko Haram surrender to restore peace in N/E – Zulumto The Executive Governor of Borno state, Prof. Babagana Zulum, says his administration would join hands with Federal government to leverage on the ongoing surrender of Boko Haram insurgents to restore peace in the North East region.
The Federal Government says it is making efforts to get justice in the case involving Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho. Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami, stated this on Wednesday in reaction to the judgement of an Oyo State High Court that awarded damages in Igboho’s favour.
The Nigerian Government has said that it will file fresh charges against the embattled Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, better known as Sunday lgboho. Recall that an Oyo State High Court had awarded N20 billion against the Federal Government as an aggravated and exemplary damages done to Igboho's property after he (Igboho) filed a suit against the Department of State Services, DSS, and the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, demanding N500 billion in damages over the invasion of his Soka residence at Ibadan, Oyo State, on July 1.
The Nigerian government has disclosed the knowledge of Boko Haram sponsors. The sponsors are also being held in detention. This information was announced by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami when speaking with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in New York.
Many Nigerians have begun to take side on the trending news of the Federal Government disclosing that it is making efforts to get justice in the case of renowned Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, also referred to as Sunday Igboho , who was awarded a sum of N20 billion in damages by an Oyo State High Court presided by Justice Ladiran Akintola, in relation to the invasion of Sunday Igboho's house in Soka, Ibadan.