Photo credit: Marca The first El Clasico of the 2021/2022 La Liga Santander season will hold at the Camp Nou Stadium today. Both teams are level on a 8-8 draw since 2012 across all competitions. Real Madrid are currently leading with 98 victories compared to Barcelona's 96 victories in the history of the El Clasico.
Religion is a choice anyone especially adults can make for themselves and It does not have to be through force before someone changes a religion or faith. We have seen several footballers who changed their religion because of marriage. Below is a list of three footballers who changed their religion because of marriage.
Barcelona is one of the best clubs in the world and we have watched a lot of great players at the club. They are some legends, who have parted ways with the club over the past years, and I will be showing you the 10 players. Carles Puyol And Eric Abidal (2014/2013)
1) Eric Abidal He was also established with the French national team, making 67 appearances for Les Bleus from 2004 to 2013 before a diagnosis of Liver tumor in 2011 derailed his career and ultimately led to his early retirement.2) Frank Ribery Franck Ribery was converted to Islamin 2002, owing to his relationship with his wife Wahiba who is of Algerian origin and took the name Bilal after his conversion.
5 Famous Footballers That Have Christian Names But They Have Converted To Islam. For one to bear a Christian name does not necessarily mean that the person is a Christian. Some individuals find it difficult to change their names after converting to another religion because they have already become popular with that particular name. Below are players that converted to Islam but are still bearing their Christian names. 1. Emmanuel Adebayor From the name Emmanuel, many people would not know that he is no longer
Despite being praised as the greatest player of all-time by his fans, Cristiano Ronaldo has shown nothing in the past three seasons that should earn him such acclaim. The Portuguese International only has goals to brag about as his stats in every single game he plays speak for itself. He averages nothing more than 6.75% rating per game. Cristiano Ronaldo has also lost his touch with dribbling as he has failed to make up to 10 successful take ons in a game in the last two or more seasons. Even at Cristiano Ronaldo's
It's been 4 weeks since Barcelona suffered that memorable defeat in the Champions League against Bayern Munich. In same time frame, dramatic events has panned out at Camp Nou, with Quique Setien and Eric Abidal both shown the exit door while Koeman has been welcomed as the new gaffer. Lionel Messi also showed serious interest in quitting the club but had to stay put, atleast beyond this summer. It was also Messi who led Barça to a pre-season thrilling win over Girona; pulling off a master-class to all but show
God has bless them with enormous wealth and also a kind heart, and they inturn help those that are in need. Here are 10 most charitable footballers and the charities they've done. 1. Dani Alves Dani Alves offered to donate part of his liver to his former team-mate Eric Abidal. In 2014, doctors found a tumor growing in Abidal's liver, hence, a transplant was needed. Dani Alves stepped forward to donate part of his own liver to the course, but Abidal turned him down, knowing that the operation will effect Alves's
One of Barcelona's "most energetic and charismatic" player, Carlos Puyol captained Barcelona for several years, leading his team to both domestic and European trophies. In one of his most famous act as a captain, he relinquished his responsibility to lift the Uefa Champions league trophy in 2011 to Eric Abidal after the player overcame a surgery to remove a tumour in his liver. Abidal said at that time: "I can’t explain the emotions I have, It's spectacular. I'm so thankful for the gesture." Pep Guadiola who
1) Eric Abidal Although he has retired from football a while ago, Abidal hasn't cut ties with Barcelona. He is currently director of football at Barcelona, his main job is dealing with the club's transfer policies and he even scouted Real Madrid bound Luka Jovic. For Blaugrana he has played from 2007 until 2013. Unfortunately, his last seasons at the club was difficult as he was battling cancer. The left-back has played 193 games in total scoring two goals. 2) Ibrahim Afellay Ibrahim Afellay Is the professional
(1) Eric Abidal Abidal joined Barcelona in 2007, he played 438 matches, scored 4 goals and won trophies with the club as a defender. The former French player left the club in 2013 ( 2) Carles Puyol Puyol is a retired Spanish football player, played his entire career for Barcelona, spent 19 years at the club, won all the trophies for the club and retired in 2014
Barcelona have started poor in LaLiga Santander this season. Ronald Koeman's season only worsened at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday evening as they lost again this time to Atletico Madrid. The Catalans have picked up just 11 of the first 24 points on offer to them. They've had three wins, two draws and three losses in their eight games, which is a poor return for a team planning to challenge for the title. Too many points have already been left behind, so much so that this is the worst Blaugrana
In these article, we take a look at professional football players who have changed their religion over the course of their career and most notably are those who changed their faith from Christianity to Islam. It's quite normal to see football stars grabbing the headlines based on their performance and success in the game of football but their activities outside the pitch usually gets the media's attention. Many professional football players have changed their religion in the early or latter part of their lives
1.Eric Abidal.Eric Sylvain Abidal is a French former professional footballer who played as a left back or centre back.Abidal Played in Barcelona and Lyon as a defender.He retired in 2014 at age 35 due to Liver tumor.He was born in September, 11 1979.He accepted Islam in 2007 when he married to an Algerian, Hayet Kabir & changed his name to Bilal Eric Abidal.
1) Eric Abidan Eric Abidal had a fairly prosperous spell with FC Barcelona, but several health complications acted as a hindrance from 2011 onward. In March that year, the club had announced that a tumour had been discovered in Abidal’s liver. He went through a surgical process to cure the same within a span of a couple of days. The player made a swift comeback after two months and played the entirety of the UEFA Champions league final of that season against Manchester United. In April 2012, the France
1) Jonas Gutierrez The midfielder went through chemotherapy sessions at his home in Buenos Aires. Gutirrez represented multiple clubs for brief period of times after that, but he also won a disability discrimination lawsuit against Newcastle United in April 2016. His claim was that his non-selection due to the diagnosis didn’t allow him to attain appearance-based bonuses.
The GOAT has earned the Right to Quit Lionel Andrers Messi, the Argentina international who joined the Catalan club in 2004 as a 14 years old boy has become an iconic figure who dictates the tone both on and off the pitch. He is so influential that he literally hand picks players to be signed and his endorsement is sought before a new head coach is hired. It's hard to discuss Barcelona as a club without Messi dominating the discourse. It was normal for the Barcelona board to have sacked head coach Quique Setien
Former Barcelona Legend and Sporting Director, Eric Abidal, has given the reason why the Spanish club didn’t re-sign Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain last two years.
After the world record transfer fee was done by PSG, FC Barcelona struggled hard to bring that player who could replicate the form of the Brazilian. In doing so, they bought Ousmane Dembele, Philippe Coutinho, and Antoine Griezmann who have all been a total failure in doing only what the Brazilian knows how to do best. The problem with Barca was sporting decision, even when the players told the club the right time to bring Neymar back, Eric Abidal did otherwise. He bought Antoine Griezmann, a move that was seen
1) Eric Abidal Until 15 of March 2011, Eric Abidal had a perfect career. Three consecutive league titles with Lyon, a move to Barcelona where he became a vital cog in the Pep Guardiola juggernaut, a treble in just his second season, a defensive starter with the likes of Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol and Dani Alves – he had it all. And then, he was diagnosed with a tumor in his liver. The world was never the same again for the Frenchman, as ‘Animo Abidal’ messages flooded in from all parts of the world.