It's no longer a news that the Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has reportedly declared a former Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, wanted over his controversial interview on Channels Television. Before declaring him wanted, the Kunle Olawunmi had earlier hinted that the Nigerian government knows those behind the decade-long Boko Haram insurgency in the country but has refused to arrest them.
On Saturday, the country's Defence Headquarters denied several reports that said that it declared Naval Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi wanted over the comments he made during an interview with Channels TV. Photo credit: Newsng During a press statement on Sunday, it gave reason why the defence headquarters won't arrest the retired naval commodore.
As a reminder, a retired Commodore of the Navy, Kunle Olawunmi, was on Channels Television to grant an interview on the insecurity situation NigerIa about a week ago. And in his statements during the programme, while condemning the attack on NDA, he criticised the manner with which the institution's gates are usually flung opened on Fridays for free entry of people.
(Photo Credit: Sahara Reporters) According to a report gathered from Sahara Reporters, the Defence Intelligence Agency has declared a former Nigeria Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi wanted over his controversial interview with Channels Television during the week. The former Navy Commodore had disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari's administration refused to arrest or prosecute high-profile politicians and public office holders who have been named as sponsors of the Boko Haram terrorist group.
Although, a handful of thousands of the members of the proscribed Terrorist group known as Boko Haram has recently surrendered to the government forces, insecurity has yet to slow down both across the Northern Nigeria and also elsewhere in the country. This is because the remaining members of the sect and that of its counterpart merger faction in crimes, ISWAP, is steal in Sambisa forest where it inhabits and plans its unending acts of evil.
DIA Shouldn't Arrest Or Seize Olawunmi's Passport, They Should Thank Him For Giving Them Information
It was reported earlier today that the Defence Intelligence Agency, DIA, declared a former Nigerian Navy Commodore, Commodore Kunle Olawunmi (Rtd), wanted for exposing how the President Buhari's led governenmt refused to probe high profile politicians whom some arrested Boko Haram members named as their sponsors.
(Photo Credit: Sahara Reporters) The Defence Intelligence Agency, last week declared Retired Navy Commodore Kunle Olawunmi wanted. The agency had asked him to report to their headquarters on Tuesday, 31 August 2021. He was asked to come with his International Passports. The agency declared him wanted, over his controversial interview on Channels Television last week.
According to a report from Sahara Reporters, Kunle Olawunmi, a retired Nigerian Navy Commodore, has arrived at the Military Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) in Abuja, just days after the agency declared him wanted. The former Navy commander arrived at the agency's office on Tuesday with his lawyers Femi Falana (SAN) and Abubakar Marshall.
Deji Adeyanju, a Nigerian social commentator and activist has taken to his Facebook page to express his feelings about the recent attacks by bandits across Nigeria. He said the reason why banditry has persisted in Nigeria is that several people collude with armed bandits to kill Nigerians. The assertion by Deji is not new as many other high-profile Nigerians have also made such assertions.
The former Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi was declared wanted and told to report to the Office of the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) at Abuja with his international passport after his exclusive interview on Channels TV where he alleged that the present administration has refused to probe high profile politicians who Boko Haram named as their sponsors.
Following the declaration by the Nigerian Army that a retired Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, was wanted, the retired Navy Commodore has arrived at the Military Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) in Abuja to honor the call. Commodore Kunle Olawunmi || Sahara Reporters. In a denied claim, the Nigerian Army has declared him wanted for his anti-Buhari comments during an exclusive interview on Channels TV.
Wole Soyinka, Nigerian renowned Nobel Laureate, has lampooned the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, NBC, over the query it issued to media outfit, Channels Television, for the interviews it granted to Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, and Naval Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi. Sources revealed that Chamberlain Usoh and Kayode Okikiolu, who were the anchors of the programme, had been invited for questioning by the NBC over the interview.
Picture.credit.collagen The Nigeria online news reported that the former Army chief, Kunle Olawunmi, who accused the FG of developing cold feet in arresting and possible prosecution of the people who were indicted by experts as the sponsors of the activities of the deadly terrorist extremist group Boko Haram, appeared before the defense Intelligence Agency for questioning.
The Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, NBC, has yet received another backlash from the Minority Caucus in the House of Representatives, over its alleged intimidation of Channels Television and its presenters. Sources gathered that the NBC had on Thursday issued a notice of breach of media ethics against the management of Channels Television.
After several comments that had been earlier deemed controversial by some Nigerian press, the issue of the Retired Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, has since gotten even more controversial after his supposed visit to the Military Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) in Abuja on Tuesday had a 'friendly chat' with his colleagues.
It's no longer news that the Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has reportedly declared a former Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, wanted over his controversial interview on Channels Television. Reacting to the news, a Nigerian journalist who specializes in discussing current geopolitical Matters took to her official Instagram page and made it known that she wished that Kunle Olawunmi would have mentioned names in the video.
At last, Retired Navy Commodore Kunle Olawunmi arrived at the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) office in Abuja, he did not go alone, he went with the entourage of his lawyers, which includes human rights lawyers Femi Falani and Abubakar Marshall who are both Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN).
Retired Commodore Kunle Olawunmi has spilled the beans during the interview with Channels TV SunriseDailyNow on Wednesday. He made many assertions, either true or false. Olawunmi said there are sponsors of Bokoharam Insurgency in Buhari's government and the government is trying all its possibly best to Islamize Nigeria.
Kunle Olawunmi, a retired Nigerian Navy Commodore, who recently spoke about the sponsors of terrorism in Nigeria on live TV, has reported to the Military Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) in Abuja for questioning. The Defence Intelligence Agency invited Commodore Kunle for questioning following the revelation which triggered reactions from most Nigerians recently.
The Defence Headquarters has faulted reports that Commodore Kunle Olawunmi (rtd) was declared wanted by the Defence Intelligence Agency over anti-Buhari comments while a guest on a program by Channels Television. Director, Defence Information, Major General Benjamin Sawyerr in a statement made available to newsmen on Saturday said the ex-Navy commodore was only invited to share intelligence with the Armed Forces to aide in the fight against terrorism, insurgency and banditry.