The English Premier League continues today as Manchester City cruised to a 1:0 win over the European Champions at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea recorded their first defeat in the Premier League this season after an impressive Premier League campaign. Pep Guardiola's Manchester City dominated the whole game which proved that their winning was well deserved.
5) Marcus Alonso Marcus Alonso seems to have reignited his career at Chelsea this season. Well, the left back has also displayed his fantastic ball controlling ability on numerous occasions with the Spanish defender earning himself a reputation as one of the most talented players around when it comes to commanding the ball.
While most Chelsea fans, and players likewise would be thankful for the arrival of Thomas Tuchel at the club, some players might have to start having a reassessment of what plans they would have to play, this season under Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea. While Tuchel brought back some players that Frank Lampard had frozen, out of the club, notable names being Marcus Alonso, and Anthony Rudiger, and repositioning some players in their right position, it couldn't be said of this players.
MCI VS CHE: These 2 Stars Are The Weakest Links Chelsea's Team And City Could Take Advantage Of Them
1. Marcus Alonso (Defending). Marcus Alonso is arguably Chelsea's best left back since the start of the season but the Spanish International still has a lot of improvement to make on the defensive part of his game. Alonso is quite slow and Pep Guardiola would likely target him and set him up with Riyad Mahrez who is known to turn defenders inside out.
1. Ben Chilwell. The Englishman have returns to his best form for Chelsea in recent weeks. Chilwell's start to the new season was not the perfect one and he missed a lot of games in the process. Tuchel told the media during that period that it was all down to stress a s within a short time, he will return to action for the blues.
Chelsea Football Club is regarded as one of the best clubs in England after winning the UFEA Champions League and Super Cup last season. Thomas Tuchel made an impressive coaching start for the blues, securing two major trophies in the space of seven months. Chelsea has been impressive this season in the English Premier League after losing one match in their last five matches which shows a nice form for them.
Ben Chilwell has shown that he is deserving of a starting spot for Chelsea over Marcus Alonso, and this article will examine how he did it. After spending some time on the bench, he made his long-awaited start for the club against Southampton, demonstrating that he is capable of maintaining stability at the back and has a much higher tendency to recover balls from opponents.
1. Marcus Alonso. Marcus Alonso has been one of Chelsea's best performers in the league and champions league this season. The 30 year old left back has found his way back into the plans of Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel and he looks to keep the left back spot ahead of teammate Ben Chilwell.
BRE VS CHE: 3 Chelsea Players Who Are In Good Form And Don't Deserve To Be Benched Against Brentford
1. Ruben Loftus Cheek. The Englishman have been excellent since he was recalled to the Chelsea first team by Thomas Tuchel a few weeks back. Wonderful performances against Juventus and Southampton have opened up the eye of Thomas Tuchel and his coaching staff about Loftus Cheek's talents.
Matchday Two of this season’s Champions League will see chelsea battle Juventus for the top spot of Group H. The two teams are equal on points as they both won their Champions League opener last week. Chelsea beat Zenit St. Petersburg 1-0, while Juventus mangled Malmo 3-0.
Chelsea's defender, Ben Chilwell is regarded as the best left-back in the English Premier League after helping the Blues win the UEFA Champions League and Super Cup last season. The England international has been amazing after joining Chelsea from Leicester City last season. Ben Chilwell was Lampard's favorite in Chelsea Football Club because of his nice role in the defensive and attacking line.
The UFEA Champions League for matchday two ended today after eight rounds of games were played. Juventus cruised to a 1:0 win over Chelsea at the Turin Stadium to continue on their winning streak in the Champions League competition. Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea suffered another embarrassing defeat at Italy tonight after they lost to Manchester City in the EPL which entails a bad form for the club.
The UEFA Champions League group stage matches continue as Chelsea traveled to Italy for their second tie against Juventus on Wednesday. The blues who triumphed against Zenith Saint Petersburg in their last UCL outing went on to lose 1:0 in their second group stage match against Juventus. A strike from Federico Chiesa in the 46th minute of the match stole the three points from Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea.
Chelsea continued their race for the EPL title with a convincing win against Southampton at Stamford Bridge today. The blues played a high press which paid off as they netted five times of which only three counted. Tuchel made five changes to his starting lineup due to the unavailability of some of his first-choice players.
1. Ben Chilwell. The England international was one of the best players on the field for Chelsea. Chilwell was chosen to start the game ahead of Marcus Alonso and he put in a good showing against the Bees. The last time Chilwell made an appearance for Chelsea in the Premier League, he got a goal and then his time, he was also on the score sheet for Chelsea.
The UEFA Champions league defending champion, Chelsea football club will be hosting Juventus FC of Italy in their second matches of the UEFA champions league tomorrow being Wednesday, the 29th of September at Stamford Bridge. Both clubs won their first opening matches against their colleagues respectively and are both occupying the first and second positions of their group.
1. Ngolo Kante. The Chelsea midfielder trained with the first team yesterday at Cobham training complex but as confirmed by Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel, he will not be available for today's home game against Zenit St Petersburg. Kante missed Chelsea's last game through injury and the last time he made an appearance for the blues is in the Premier League draw with Liverpool 3 weeks ago.
The transfer window will open again in January after most players were signed by different clubs in the last summer transfer that ended in August. Most teams will also utilize the January transfer window to buy players that couldn't buy in their last transfer markets and also offload some non-performing players.
The blues will be starting their champions league campaign with a very important game against Zenit St. Petersburg this week. The truth of the matter is that Thomas Tuchel have turned this Chelsea team into one of the favorite teams to win the UEFA Champions league this season. The lineup seen below, shows how the blues could possibly be lining up for their first UEFA Champions league game for this season.
The Champions League competitions for Matchday two ended yesterday in dramatic style where some big teams lost to their opponent. Chelsea, Villarreal, Barcelona, Manchester City, Real Madrid, and others are among the top teams that lost their group stage matches in Matchday two. Chelsea suffered a huge defeat at the Turin Stadium as Juventus cruised to a 1:0 victory to secure another maximum three points, maintaining the first position in the Group H of the UCL competition.