Why we invited ex-Navy Commodore – DHQ The Defence Headquarters has debunked reports that Commodore Kunle Olawunmi (rtd) was declared wanted by the Defence Intelligence Agency over anti-Buhari interview. The Director Defence Information Major General Benjamin Sawyerr, in a statement on Saturday, said Olawunmi was only invited via a text message to share intelligence with the Armed Forces in order to fight terrorism and banditry.
1 Question Olawunmi May Be Expected To Answer As DIA Declares Him Wanted Over Boko Haram's Statement
According to a report from Sahara Reporters, The Defence Intelligence Agency has declared a former Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, wanted for revealing in an interview how President Muhammadu Buhari's administration refused to investigate high-profile politicians named as sponsors by Boko Haram terrorists. The report had it that The Defence Intelligence Agency has asked Olawunmi to come to its headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday with his international passport, which could be seized.
On Saturday, the country's Defence Headquarters denied several reports that said that it declared Naval Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi wanted over the comments he made during an interview with Channels TV. Photo credit: Newsng During a press statement on Sunday, it gave reason why the defence headquarters won't arrest the retired naval commodore.
Retired Commodore Kunle Olawumi, a former intelligence officer in the Nigerian Naval Services, NNS, made a damning allegation against the government of President Mohammadu Buhari while speaking on Channels TV yesterday. During the interview Olawumi reveals that the sponsors of insurgency in Nigeria are currently at the helms of affairs.
The Guinness World Records is a lists of world records that include human achievements and the extreme of the natural world. Nigerians are not exempted from this list as we have also had people who set remarkable records over the years. In this article, we will be viewing 6 Nigerians that made it to the Guinness world record list.
Retired naval officer not declared wanted - DHQ Photo Credit: The Cable The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has denied declaring Kunle Olawunmi, a retired commodore in the Nigerian Navy, wanted over his comments during a recent interview with Channels Television. Speaking when he featured on Sunrise Daily, a Channels Television programme, on Thursday, Olawunmi had alleged that some government officials were involved in sponsoring insurgency.
(Photo Credit: Sahara Reporters) The Defence Intelligence Agency, last week declared Retired Navy Commodore Kunle Olawunmi wanted. The agency had asked him to report to their headquarters on Tuesday, 31 August 2021. He was asked to come with his International Passports. The agency declared him wanted, over his controversial interview on Channels Television last week.
The shockwaves created by the brazen attack by armed men suspected to be Fulani bandits on the Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) are still reverberating across the nation. But in the aftermath of the NDA attack, something else remotely related to it has equally sent further ripples across the country.
Reno Omokri has taken to his official Twitter handle to react after the Buhari's administration ordered the arrest of some Nigerian journalists identified as Chambalain Usor and Kayode Okikiolu over their recent interview with Kunle Olawunmi, who claimed that there are people in Buhari's administration that are sponsoring insurgency in the country.
According to a report from Sahara Reporters, Kunle Olawunmi, a retired Nigerian Navy Commodore, has arrived at the Military Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) in Abuja, just days after the agency declared him wanted. The former Navy commander arrived at the agency's office on Tuesday with his lawyers Femi Falana (SAN) and Abubakar Marshall.
picture.credit.dailpost.ng Mr. Malami, the attorney general of the federation, is in the news from the United States of America, where the world is gathering for a historical UN General Assembly meeting in New York City. He spoke on the issue bordering on sponsors of terrorism in Nigeria.
Following the declaration by the Nigerian Army that a retired Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, was wanted, the retired Navy Commodore has arrived at the Military Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) in Abuja to honor the call. Commodore Kunle Olawunmi || Sahara Reporters. In a denied claim, the Nigerian Army has declared him wanted for his anti-Buhari comments during an exclusive interview on Channels TV.
The former Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi was declared wanted and told to report to the Office of the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) at Abuja with his international passport after his exclusive interview on Channels TV where he alleged that the present administration has refused to probe high profile politicians who Boko Haram named as their sponsors.
Ex navy officer, Kunle Olawunmi, on Wednesday, condemned the sad incident that occurred at the Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) which led to the death of two officers. Speaking on channel television, Olawunmi also spoke about the sponsors of Boko Haram and alleged that they are in high positions in the government.
Retired Commodore Olawunmi said many things about terror sponsors and the recent attack on NDA that has generated reactions from Nigerians. He said there are sponsors of insurgency in the Government and some high intelligence agencies know them and the government is doing everything possible to Islamize Nigeria. He was a good patriot that has very important intelligence information for Nigeria’s Defence Intelligence Agency(DIA) and State Security Service(SSS) and was very proud to come public to air them.
After several comments that had been earlier deemed controversial by some Nigerian press, the issue of the Retired Nigerian Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, has since gotten even more controversial after his supposed visit to the Military Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) in Abuja on Tuesday had a 'friendly chat' with his colleagues.
At last, Retired Navy Commodore Kunle Olawunmi arrived at the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) office in Abuja, he did not go alone, he went with the entourage of his lawyers, which includes human rights lawyers Femi Falani and Abubakar Marshall who are both Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN).
Opinion: The Invitation Of Commodore Olawunmi By DIA Is Not Bigotry But Necessary To Curb Insecurity
To tackle insecurity in Nigeria, it will be a crime to conceal a crime. That is why inviting the retired Naval officer, Commodore Olawunmi is the right attitude from the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA). It is up to him to perform his civic duties by helping the military disclose what he knows which is not in the public domain as he asserted knowing via his channels TV interview.
Retired Commodore Kunle Olawunmi has spilled the beans during the interview with Channels TV SunriseDailyNow on Wednesday. He made many assertions, either true or false. Olawunmi said there are sponsors of Bokoharam Insurgency in Buhari's government and the government is trying all its possibly best to Islamize Nigeria.
It's no longer news that the Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has reportedly declared a former Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, wanted over his controversial interview on Channels Television. Reacting to the news, a Nigerian journalist who specializes in discussing current geopolitical Matters took to her official Instagram page and made it known that she wished that Kunle Olawunmi would have mentioned names in the video.