• Trending news to the contrary absolutely false! The attention of the Nigeria Police Force has been drawn to a false news report making the rounds online and offline suggesting that the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc has ordered the re-establishment of the defunct Special Anti – Robbery Squad (SARS).
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc has ordered the Commissioner of Police, Kogi State Command to immediately carry out discrete investigations into the incident depicted in the attached trending video from a location believed to be in Kogi State.
A video that went viral captured the moment a Nigerian Policeman in Kogi State assaulted passengers who frowned at him for corking his gun while they were inside a commercial vehicle. In the video, some of the passengers alleged that the Policemen found a laptop with a man who said he is a student, and when he was asked what he uses the laptop for, he told them it's for school assignment.
· As IGP orders deployment of 34,587 police personnel, 3 Police helicopters, others to Anambra State The Inspector General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc has ordered the mobilization and deployment of a total of Thirty-Four Thousand, Five Hundred and Eighty-Seven (34,587) police personnel, three (3) Police Helicopters, technical capabilities of the Police Airwing, the Force Marine and the Force Animal Branch, and other operational assets for the Anambra State Gubernatorial Elections slated for 6th November, 2021.
· Deploys Police Special Forces to bolster Operation Restore Peace The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc has ordered the immediate posting of a new Commissioner of Police (CP) to Anambra State. The new CP, Echeng Eworo Echeng, takes over from CP Tony Olofu who has been redeployed to the Force Headquarters, Abuja.
According to a report published by Channels Television not long ago, the Nigeria Police Force is ready to do all it can to make sure that the forthcoming Anambra election is conducted without any form of security bridge. To that effect, the Inspector General of Police(IGP), Usman Alkali Baba, disclosed in Abuja, that the Police Force will deploy a total number of 34,587 Police officers to Anambra State, for the November 6 gubernatorial election.
· As IGP Enjoins Bayelsans to Accord the New CP Maximum Cooperation The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc has ordered the posting of CP Ben Nebolisa Okolo, fdc to Bayelsa State as the new Commissioner of Police (CP) in-charge of the State.
· Assures Safe and Secure Electoral Process in Anambra State The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc, has assured the nation of the commitment of the Force to securing the public space and upholding the democratic values ahead of the November 6th, 2021, Anambra State Gubernatorial Election.
Photo Credit: Google IGP Deploys Helicopters, Officers To Anambra Photo Credit: Daily Post Nigeria The Inspector General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, has given directive for 34,587 police personnel as well as three Police Helicopters to be mobilised to Anambra State ahead of the forthcoming gubernatorial election so as to guarantee a hitch-free exercise.
• Calls for Renewed Pan-Nigerian Spirit The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc (+), NPM, fdc has assured the nation of maximum security as the nation marks the 61st Independence Anniversary on Friday, 1st October, 2021. The IGP noted that the Force has emplaced adequate security measures to protect the citizens, ensure the success of all the activities lined-up for the anniversary celebration and prevent any untoward situation throughout the period of the celebration and beyond.
Today's Headlines:IGP Remove Anambra CP Over Insecurity; 180m Telephone Lines Linked To NIN-NCC Boss
JUST-IN: IGP Removes Anambra CP Over Insecurity Worried by the incessant security challenges in Anambra State, the inspector-general of police, IGP Photos Credit: Leadership News Usman Alkali Baba, has removed the Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Tony Olofu. The IGP also ordered the immediate posting of CP Echeng Eworo Echeng to replace him as the new commissioner of police in the state.
According to reports, the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Usman Alkali Baba, says contrary to reports making the rounds, that there is no plan to reinstate the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad into Nigeria Police Force (NPF). Recall that SARS was disbanded in November last year after series of protests across Nigeria against the police unit's brutality.
It is no longer news that Kaduna State and its environs have been besieged by kidnappers who demand a huge ransom of money before releasing their victims. The bandits have succeeded in chasing away farmers from their various farmlands in many parts of the state and turning them into dens where they guard their victims until a ransom is paid for their release.
The Nigerian Police has described as untrue claims that it was planning to bring back the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS). It stated that it had no plans to do that either now or in the future.This was made known by CP Frank Mba, the spokesperson for the Nigerian Police.
Usman Alkali Baba (the Inspector General of Police), has reportedly deployed 34,587 police personnel and three Police Helicopters to Anambra State ahead of the forthcoming gubernatorial election. According to the IGP, the deployment is focused on creating a conducive and enabling environment that will guarantee the peaceful conduct of the forthcoming election in Anambra.
Today's Headlines: Jonathan Supports E-transmission Of Election Results, IGP Assures Maximum Security
Insecurity: Jonathan suggests solutions, backs e-transmission of election results Former President Goodluck Jonathan has urged Nigerians to collaborate in securing the country against terrorists and bandits. Jonathan delivered a lecture at the inauguration ceremony of National Defence College (NDC) Course 30, in Abuja on Wednesday.
IGP Commences Reorganization, Training & Re-orientation Of MOPOL To Combat Violent Crimes In Nigeria
The IGP, Usman Alkali Baba in a strategic meeting with the Police Mobile Force Commanders at the Force Headquarters recently, said that the MOPOL unit will continue to do everything within its capacity to fight all kinds of violent crimes including banditry, kidnapping, rape, armed robbery, cultism & violent extremism, amongst others, that have become rampant across the country.
The Nigerian police has denied claims that it is planning to revive the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) that was disbanded last year. You can recall that the police unit was scrapped last year October after Nigerians protested requesting that it be dissolved. In a statement by Police spokesman, Frank Mba on Thursday, the police force described the report as untrue.
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Usman Alkali Baba, says contrary to reports making the rounds, there is no plan to reinstate the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad into the Nigeria Police Force. The Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), Mr Frank Mba, disclosed this in a statement, on Thursday, in Abuja.
The Inspector General Of Police (IGP), Usman Alkali Baba, promised the Nigerian Police Force would provide adequate security in Anambra State before and during the course of November 6 gubernatorial election in the state. The IGP, according to Mr. Frank MBA, The Force public Relations Officer, made this known during a strategic meeting with Commanders of the Police Mobile Force held at the Force Headquarters, Abuja on Wednesday, 13th October, 2021.